• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Some of my favourite fish...

Pair of ozzie clowns...probably cultured

DSCF3539.jpg

Scott's Fairy Wrasse...Not so fairy like, damned alpha male.

DSCF3553.jpg

Pylei Fairy...Kenah bullied by my Scott until I managed to trap the fellow and slowly reintroduce

DSCF3558-1.jpg

Leopard Wrasse...went missing for 3 weeks when first introduced, now been around for >6months.

DSCF3560.jpg

Brazilian Flamback...one of my most recent acquisitions. Leaving my corals alone thus far...

DSCF3546.jpg

One of a pair of spawning randall's gobies...this is the male. They've spawned twice already so far.

DSCF3540.jpg

3" mandarin...feeding on mysis and pellets :D And all the pods that run across his face.

DSCF3552.jpg

• 1 month later...

what brand iodine u dosing n routine ???

btw i notice e area ur sun coral die in seems pretty "dusty"

seems like thhose no water flow area... i guess no algae grow cus nt much light shine...

ur dead sun coral still got 1 head at e bottom lehz..

they can b revive at ur patience... its realli diff for them to die u knw..lolx..

unless u reali dun like them...

• SRC Member

Zoxan II

It was pretty slow, but I have 2 Koralia 1s blowing that area now, and am waiting for a Tunze wavemaker.

You're right about the amount of light getting there, coz of the rockwork, too much shadowing. So the corals in that area suffer from lack of light. Of the colonies of suns I put there at first, 1 died off completely, 2 died half, and 3 are doing alright. No time to target feed, mostly just bunderblast. I figure they all died off in the initial period, and since then, there hasn't been any dying, so I'll leave the stable colonies the way they are :D

Not that I don't like them. I just haven't the time :D

Zoxan II

It was pretty slow, but I have 2 Koralia 1s blowing that area now, and am waiting for a Tunze wavemaker.

You're right about the amount of light getting there, coz of the rockwork, too much shadowing. So the corals in that area suffer from lack of light. Of the colonies of suns I put there at first, 1 died off completely, 2 died half, and 3 are doing alright. No time to target feed, mostly just bunderblast. I figure they all died off in the initial period, and since then, there hasn't been any dying, so I'll leave the stable colonies the way they are :D

Not that I don't like them. I just haven't the time :D

but if u notice sun corals dun really need light to grow

they r dun photon zooxe feeders...

what i mean is e area of flow there is rather weak thus contrubuting to e debries

low flow also = food u dose doesnt flow there = no food for them....

haha just kidding for e "u dun like them part" hee...

when ur wave maker comes i m sure ur colonies will b growing back soonz.. =)

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Thought I'd use this time to update and document growth. For my own benefit as well :D

Disregard the sun coral I'm trying to salvage up there

Monti-land. Growing fast, about 1.5mm a week! The edges have smoothed out...

DSC_0135.jpg

• SRC Member

Have a close look at the flat surface of the rock. Do you see a green acro sprouting from the rock? That used to be where I had a frag, which I moved further in front. You can see the mother frag growing in the foreground. Now I have another colony sprouting from the rocks!!

DSC_0141.jpg