Topping of water

zenus

• SRC Member

Yah make very sure that you remove the chlorine using anti-chlorine (those used for Marine tanks) and not just dump fresh tap water inside causse the chlorine inside will do alot of harm to the good bacteria within your tank..

It's more advisable to use RO water I think.. And if you can't use anti-chlorine then at the very very least used aged tap water.. Just leave for like 24hours..

• SRC Member
evaporates o'nite even when enclosed in bottles?

Think u nd to leave an opening for the chlorine gas to escape. Dunno if it will dissolve back into the water if bottle is enclosed though. To speed up gas escape, aerate the water with an air pump or ph.

• SRC Member

me too i left the water overnite but i did not use ph or air stone... I have 4 mineral water bottle each 500ml, so i will everytime route each bottle to top up the water lost. which avg water lost per day is around 500ml for mine.

In this way I need not bother much about having not enough time to remove chlorine or whatever...