Firestarter's 2ft Standard tank

Firestarter

• SRC Member

I'm finally back into reefing after more than a year. Reason was because I was in Taiwan for overseas posting.

I'd been planning this setup for many long anticipated months now, refer to my previous thread here.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...c=68987&hl=

However, all plans had to go down the drain! <_<

Due to some unforeseen budget restrictions, had to scrap all ideas and make do with what little I have.

But that isn't going to deter me from coming back into reefing. I hope you guys will help me along the way with my tank setup.

Here's a picture of my miserable 'spare' tank with all my previous equipment that was sitting around for the past year.

post-13947-1226781112.jpg

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

The tank is a standard 2ft Pentas tank with black bracing at brim. I also have another similar 1.2ft tank as well, seen in the picture with sand and some dead liverocks.

post-13947-1226781329.jpg

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Bought this when I was in Taiwan. Don't think I've seen any such containers in Singapore. Or maybe I just never open my eyes wide enough. The white one seems to be really good for placing chaeto. :eyebrow:

post-13947-1226782329.jpg

• SRC Member

Decided to use my 1x36W PL lightset for this setup. Going to have to modify it heavily, which involves replacing the outdated iron ballasts with e-ballasts. Still thinking if I should convert it to a 2x36W fixture. If not, I'll use the single B/W tube.

post-13947-1226853836.jpg

• SRC Member

Another shot of the skimmer, placed on top of 2 styrofoam blocks. Note that the skimmer is not hanging at the tank side. Should I saw off the 'hook'? Or leave it there for future readjustments.

post-13947-1226854139.jpg

• SRC Member

Just a simple drawing of how my tank will be like. Plan to get a sheet of acrylic and silicon it to make an IOS chamber.

The return hole would be bigger than usual. That's because I plan to use my Seio M820 as my 'return pump'. It also helps to hide the wavemaker from the tank.

post-13947-1226905469.jpg

• SRC Member

I modified my existing lightset today. Its a 1x36W PL lightset with iron ballast, modded it to an e-ballast. Changed the colour of the lightset as well.

Took out the ballast and bulb from another lightset that I worked on before.

post-13947-1227036707.jpg