sump design

Anthony

• SRC Member

mrjoe,

juz some thoughts.

1. may be u can switch the skimmer with yr second overflow. cos there might be some useful pod from ur refugium overflow over nad ur skimmer might juz skim them out. the 2nd chamber on the other hand will only be holding chemical stuff, eg. act carbon etc

2. ur return and inlet are at 2 diff end, ur overflow on top is it at the 2 corners? cos if not, u'll hv to run some long return pipe back to yr main tanks.

:lol: juz ka po

• SRC Member
1. may be u can switch the skimmer with yr second overflow. cos there might be some useful pod from ur refugium overflow over nad ur skimmer might juz skim them out. the 2nd chamber on the other hand will only be holding chemical stuff, eg. act carbon etc

true.. i agree with spade.. do switch the thing ard.. if not, it defeats the purpose of having a refugium.. :rolleyes:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Ya wohl! Have the skimmer before the refugium!

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

hi spade

2. ur return and inlet are at 2 diff end, ur overflow on top is it at the 2 corners? cos if not, u'll hv to run some long return pipe back to yr main tanks."

ya so my first overflow.. then 2nd overflow i just put a skimmer in rite. then then water flow into the refugium. after that the pump up to my main tank.

hmm can u recoment me a gd n cheap skimmer to go with. my budget is below $100. my main tank is 3ft sump is just 2ft.

and "2. ur return and inlet are at 2 diff end, ur overflow on top is it at the 2 corners? cos if not, u'll hv to run some long return pipe back to yr main tanks."

what do u mean by that?

i dun understand...

• SRC Member
and "2. ur return and inlet are at 2 diff end, ur overflow on top is it at the 2 corners? cos if not, u'll hv to run some long return pipe back to yr main tanks."

mrjoe,

what i'm saying is ur water coming from yr main tank is in yr upper left corner chamber, while ur return is in the lower right corner. In order to pump the water back, u would hv to connect a rather long piping. (Again it depend, how u get the water down to ur sump, and where is ur return connect to) if u could re-arrange the chambers in yr sump, such that the inlet is in the upper left and the return is in the lower left. u would hv a more easier piping to yr main tank. juz a suggestion B)

as for skimmer, my personal preference is venturi type one. i'm currently using macro ASF-400 for my 2ft tank, cost around $90+. may be someone can refer u to a better/cheaper one. I'm now working on a diy beckett for my new 4ft ... better to over-skim :lol: