Nano Reef inspired from www.nano-reef.com

TayHongSiang

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
my wife just sms me to tell me my turtle queen anthias kapuk liao...haha...

Wah...so fast kaput??? :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
yup...probably they too timid...keep hiding...only my other 2 yellow anthias comes out to play....

actually kinda expected....once they keep hiding and not feeding...means matter of time liao...

Never mind, means u can buy more liao... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
yup...probably they too timid...keep hiding...only my other 2 yellow anthias comes out to play....

actually kinda expected....once they keep hiding and not feeding...means matter of time liao...

first time i tried 2, managed to survive for a few weeks then gone. 2nd time tried 2 again but kept hiding and died. This time i tried 4, manage to feed sometimes and swim out in a group. maybe more in numbers can have higher survival rate?

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

Here are my updates brothers!....

right side of my tank....various shots....

rockscape is pretty simple.....lots of space on my sand bed for corals....

wah judging by the amt of sandbed space available, u can add tons of gems bro! :eyebrow:

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• SRC Member
first time i tried 2, managed to survive for a few weeks then gone. 2nd time tried 2 again but kept hiding and died. This time i tried 4, manage to feed sometimes and swim out in a group. maybe more in numbers can have higher survival rate?

ok, will try to get more!!! :evil:

l7304smr.jpg

haha...that's my idea....imagine my sand bed full of acan lords, pratas, brains....

wah bro! whose tank? the acan lords super duper nice.....

SO bro, if i not wrong, this time round u gona focus on few selective lps and get many of it right? hehe

• SRC Member
wah bro! whose tank? the acan lords super duper nice.....

SO bro, if i not wrong, this time round u gona focus on few selective lps and get many of it right? hehe

yeah...idea is there....if one acan cost $80...10 = $800, 20 = $1600....

l7304smr.jpg

haha...if aussie acan...1 = $2k, 10= $20k...too much for me....in terms of opportunity cost.

Wah 1 piece 2k? Not so exp lah unless those super duper exotic. hehe.....

Heard on the 20th March or so, CF cming in another batch of aussie shippment. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Wah 1 piece 2k? Not so exp lah unless those super duper exotic. hehe.....

Heard on the 20th March or so, CF cming in another batch of aussie shippment. :eyebrow:

so u aiming for those?....nah...for me...i'm ok with normal indo acans...

l7304smr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Yo, bought ur sq back anthias??

not yet....this sat collect chiller and skimmer 1st...then next week cheong LFS for randall anthias, squaretop anthias, majesty queen anthias, ventetta anthias and a small size turtle tang....

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Woo.. sounds exciting! How's your rock scape at the moment? If you go with the 'cleavage' one, it will be damn nice to see the various anthias darting in and out of the valley, especially during feeding.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

not yet....this sat collect chiller and skimmer 1st...then next week cheong LFS for randall anthias, squaretop anthias, majesty queen anthias, ventetta anthias and a small size turtle tang....

Whoa another busy weekend...careful later spouse nag nag....hehe..

Wah now u keeping mostly anthias?? Should be interesting...awaiting anxiously for ur next FTS!

• SRC Member
Whoa another busy weekend...careful later spouse nag nag....hehe..

Wah now u keeping mostly anthias?? Should be interesting...awaiting anxiously for ur next FTS!

yup...will be a LPS + anthias dominated tank....

To prevent my CO from nagging too much....i will split into 2 days...Sat afternoon cheong down to collect chiller, hook it up and decomm my nano tank....Sun afternoon cheong down to AM....then next week hunt for anthias + frogspawn / hammer for my clowns to sleep....these few days they have been sleeping on sand bed....

Have to clear my nano tank before month end....my CO's order... :pirate:

l7304smr.jpg

yup...will be a LPS + anthias dominated tank....

To prevent my CO from nagging too much....i will split into 2 days...Sat afternoon cheong down to collect chiller, hook it up and decomm my nano tank....Sun afternoon cheong down to AM....then next week hunt for anthias + frogspawn / hammer for my clowns to sleep....these few days they have been sleeping on sand bed....

Have to clear my nano tank before month end....my CO's order... :pirate:

Siang, you are always on the run.... do you ever stop and rest?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
Siang, you are always on the run.... do you ever stop and rest?

haha...no choice....i always find myself rushing in-and-out of LFS...that's y i usually take a break after getting my stuffs to warm down b4 heading home.......if not my CO will start to text me to ask me when i'm coming home....unless i cheong after 9pm...that's where i have complete personal time...but by then most LFS closed liao except AM....i recalled the last time i went to reaper's place to collect the rocks from him was 9.30pm, by the time i left his place was 10.30pm...haha...

also another reason y, if i catch up on movies...will be either friday / sat midnight....

so i either go LFS during office hrs, straight after work or late in the evening during weekdays...

l7304smr.jpg

haha...no choice....i always find myself rushing in-and-out of LFS...that's y i usually take a break after getting my stuffs to warm down b4 heading home.......if not my CO will start to text me to ask me when i'm coming home....unless i cheong after 9pm...that's where i have complete personal time...but by then most LFS closed liao except AM....i recalled the last time i went to reaper's place to collect the rocks from him was 9.30pm, by the time i left his place was 10.30pm...haha...

also another reason y, if i catch up on movies...will be either friday / sat midnight....

so i either go LFS during office hrs, straight after work or late in the evening during weekdays...

amazed at your energy level.

have a kid, family, work and still can pounce around all over the LFS.... kudos.... :bow:

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
amazed at your energy level.

have a kid, family, work and still can pounce around all over the LFS.... kudos.... :bow:

ok lah...coz i dun go CF, LCK and pasir ris farms....those areas will take me half-a-day....and i try to clear my work asap..haha...and sometimes when i'm out for mtg, i will pop by LFS...

will join yr lunch gathering next round...this week quite hectic for me...next week will chio binosage either at GO or AM....haven't got the opportunity to meet up with the rest of the reefers....

l7304smr.jpg