Nano Reef inspired from www.nano-reef.com

TayHongSiang

running on hailea chiller right now...rather new when i got it...less than 3 months old...

yeah...will post some pictures...right now..all i want is to sleep on my office table...chilling my office room at 23 degress now...very conducive to take a lunch time nap...haha...

hailea chiller 500A? I on that too....but still no stock...from jan wait till now...'sigh'....turtle queen anthias looks like wat? never seen before though....

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes when i buy distilled water..i will t-loan ntuc trolley...

At least you bother to return, some pple use already just dump downstairs at the hdb blk. And ikea trolleys always go missing for that reason i guess? haha....

• SRC Member

hailea chiller 500A? I on that too....but still no stock...from jan wait till now...'sigh'....turtle queen anthias looks like wat? never seen before though....

not 500A...i think is 1/4hp...but have to upgrade matter of time...working too hard to cool my tank...to bring down 1 degree..takes a few hrs...my SP bill sure si bey jialak next month...

haha...its purple queen anthias..."turtle" is my singlish...its quite beautiful when i saw them in AM, but left 2-3 only when i went there on sat.

looks very close to the picture...

post-15124-12698382669614_thumb.jpg

l7304smr.jpg

not 500A...i think is 1/4hp...but have to upgrade matter of time...working too hard to cool my tank...to bring down 1 degree..takes a few hrs...my SP bill sure si bey jialak next month...

haha...its purple queen anthias..."turtle" is my singlish...its quite beautiful when i saw them in AM, but left 2-3 only when i went there on sat.

looks very close to the picture...

Yap better upgrade soon, 1/4 (300A) hailea is what i used to run on my 4 x 1.5x1.5(previous tank). I reckon that it be better with a external controller to achieve more accurate temperature readings.

Oh i tink i saw the 'turtle' anthias at ML and CF? :unsure:

• SRC Member

Yap better upgrade soon, 1/4 (300A) hailea is what i used to run on my 4 x 1.5x1.5(previous tank). I reckon that it be better with a external controller to achieve more accurate temperature readings.

Oh i tink i saw the 'turtle' anthias at ML and CF? :unsure:

ML is selling for 16 gold coins...whereas AM sell for 8 gold coins...double the price...n henry's mostly female..i din c any male...anyway, i will text him again...left 2 more species to collect...squareback and turtle queen...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro, you better get an external controller for your chiller, it is a good investment.. accurate and power saving. Hailea chillers are notorious for their inaccurate thermostats. A few hours to chill 1 degree doesn't sound right even if it is underpowered.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Bro, you better get an external controller for your chiller, it is a good investment.. accurate and power saving. Hailea chillers are notorious for their inaccurate thermostats. A few hours to chill 1 degree doesn't sound right even if it is underpowered.

ok bro..where to get one?

i smell fish also...coz i've been observing my chiller...takes damn long to chill...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

ML is selling for 16 gold coins...whereas AM sell for 8 gold coins...double the price...n henry's mostly female..i din c any male...anyway, i will text him again...left 2 more species to collect...squareback and turtle queen...

how to differentiate which is male and female for the purple queens?

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

i smell fish also...coz i've been observing my chiller...takes damn long to chill...

Mine is from Pacific Coo. Call Derek at 97979910. He can either replace your thermostat completely or fix up one with a powerpoint, so you can plug your chiller into it.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

here's a picture of my skimmer...the small bottle of hand rub is for comparison...meant for up to 1500L...so it's more than enough for mine...wait till my year end bonus comes then decide whether to upgrade to delta or change the pump...

post-15124-12698402040173_thumb.jpg

l7304smr.jpg

Several places are selling em, for instance, pacific coo, chill-down and even vincent from aquarium-artist. Price wise you haf to do a comparison lor... <_<

this is female lyretail anthias...its quite common in LFS...

the male one looks very different...its red in colour...harder to find for the male...but i managed to snap one from SL...

Like that means i need to buy at least 2 females and 1 male right? If 1 male/female, the latter will kena harass till jialiat?

• SRC Member

Like that means i need to buy at least 2 females and 1 male right? If 1 male/female, the latter will kena harass till jialiat?

in fact i bought one male and one female...but i have other female anthias of other species...so far ok...although the ratio shd be 1 male : 4 females...

l7304smr.jpg

in fact i bought one male and one female...but i have other female anthias of other species...so far ok...although the ratio shd be 1 male : 4 females...

Ic. Give me an idea...hmm...

• SRC Member

i like ur rounded sun corals :) very nice. Get more anthias la..hehezz... u need more.

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

Nice fishes! How are the lyretails getting along? The male is quite aggressive especially to conspecifics. Mine was chasing the female all over the tank for the first couple of weeks. Still have occasional chasing, but they get along pretty well for now.

Of course you have a bigger tank, so easier to spread out the aggression :)