Calcium Chioride in dehumidifier

• SRC Member

:rolleyes: hi all, I've been using those disposable dehumidifier to reduce the humidity of my room :eyeblur: ....Until recently, I found that the ingredient labeled on the container stated that it is Calcium Chioride :yeah::yeah: . The calcium chioride in the dehumidifier looks like small white colour stone.... :blink::blink:

each unit of dehumidifier could asorb ard 500ml of water from the air. The calcium chioride will "melted" , then turn into liquid and flow into the bottom of the container. :yeah:

I was wondering, can I drip these "waste" into my tank to increase the calcium in my water? :yeah::yeah:

I'm not trying to be too "gau keng" :sick: , just that if these "waste" could be recycled, i dun see why not? :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

You don't know what else is in with that Calcium chloride goop in the dehumidifier. Be careful.

Calcium chloride solution can be dosed directly into the tank without much ill effect except for the build up of chloride over time resulting in ionic inbalances. It does not replenish alkalinity like calcium hydroxide.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
You don't know what else is in with that Calcium chloride goop in the dehumidifier. Be careful.

Calcium chloride solution can be dosed directly into the tank without much ill effect except for the build up of chloride over time resulting in ionic inbalances. It does not replenish alkalinity like calcium hydroxide.

thanks bro tanzy :thanks::thanks: .... really feel to try but :erm::erm: .... better dun try to be funny :whistle:whistle , latter whole tank gone case.....