150 gallon marine aquarium

hijackng

thank you.

At first had some problem stick it to a base, blow away a few time and I discover it in time.

Finally more stable now.

Base on the numbers of query on it after I post the picture, it must be a gem. :)

creamy pink tort? You mean bleach? Have picture?

Blue Cespitularia is quite a gem only from Africa and one with such nice blue shade.. It is nice..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Depends how you see it. I will be getting the African cespitularia very soon. The Indo-pacific ones are also treasured very much in U.S.

It's funny, I post cespitularia frags for sale and not many responses, guess I will have to use hijackng's pics. :eyebrow::idea::evil:

Btw Jack, here is your blue tort frag. It's the piece in the middle. It's been like that for almost forever. Well now the water temperature is cooler, if it darkens up means it was bleached. My tank was at 30-31 degrees for the past few hot weeks.

bluetort.jpg

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Depends how you see it. I will be getting the African cespitularia very soon. The Indo-pacific ones are also treasured very much in U.S.

It's funny, I post cespitularia frags for sale and not many responses, guess I will have to use hijackng's pics. :eyebrow::idea::evil:

Btw Jack, here is your blue tort frag. It's the piece in the middle. It's been like that for almost forever. Well now the water temperature is cooler, if it darkens up means it was bleached. My tank was at 30-31 degrees for the past few hot weeks.

bluetort.jpg

Not nobody want.. I want but no tank.. LOL... :off:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

bluetort.jpg

Fuel, imo the tort looks bleach. You may have to try shade it for the mean time.

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Fuel, imo the tort looks bleach. You may have to try shade it for the mean time.

Hmm..quite hard to shade it as it has encrusted. I tried reducing photoperiod by few hours but it did not help. It's receiving light from the outer light spread where the light intensity is already lower. I had a pink postrata just next to it but it turned brown under the same intensity. Always thought blue torts love bright light.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

Hmm..quite hard to shade it as it has encrusted. I tried reducing photoperiod by few hours but it did not help. It's receiving light from the outer light spread where the light intensity is already lower. I had a pink postrata just next to it but it turned brown under the same intensity. Always thought blue torts love bright light.

hmm...so coincident... dun think is the intensity of lighting,

I had two colony. The one in my main tank shows the same bleaching and "smoothing" symptom as yours, it growth, PE still good and look blue .

however, Another colony in frag tank shows normal blue with brown shade. They are actually from same Watt Smith colony.

Your frag happen to be from main tank... hmmm. can it be some kind of sps disease? :poster_oops:

I post picture of it from april to June.

post-521-12760876645401_thumb.jpg

post-521-12760876702082_thumb.jpg

post-521-12760876746216_thumb.jpg

post-521-12760876843121_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Lemon, I remember u want this right?

Better hurry cos my sea urchin also aiming at this... ;)

YES!!!!!!!! omg thanks for remembering :) can you keep it somewhere safe first? if possible? my tank will only have water and rocks this weekend and i need to cycle without lights ._.

if not i can take it first and keep somewhere hehe.

June 10 FTS

wow this FTS is very nice! did you do something? it looks much better than your previous FTS. (both also nice but this is fantastic man)

• SRC Member

YES!!!!!!!! omg thanks for remembering :) can you keep it somewhere safe first? if possible? my tank will only have water and rocks this weekend and i need to cycle without lights ._.

if not i can take it first and keep somewhere hehe.

wow this FTS is very nice! did you do something? it looks much better than your previous FTS. (both also nice but this is fantastic man)

Both my tank got sea urchin... I try to pluck some and keep.

might not work cos it need some current.

All photo in this thread were taken with auto white balance, edited on the contrast and brightness. :)

Look not much different to me. Post April, May and June FTS.

post-521-12760969820343_thumb.jpg

post-521-12760969922905_thumb.jpg

post-521-12760970011534_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Jack, time to upgrade to a bigger tanky :heh:

sigh... I think it look messy too. Time to trim... :upsidedown:

No space la... But planning to set up new tank when this tank reach 10 yrs old. (need to save up -_- )

• SRC Member

keep some space for me on the right pls... lolx..

That is not a good place for mushroom (except Florida Ric) cos near to balcony. :P

See how the favia bleach in just one month... (May and June)

• Senior Reefer

Both my tank got sea urchin... I try to pluck some and keep.

might not work cos it need some current.

All photo in this thread were taken with auto white balance, edited on the contrast and brightness. :)

Look not much different to me. Post April, May and June FTS.

i dunno. it looks nicer somehow. maybe the sps grow out abit more so it looks more compact.

oh i see both tanks have urchin. mm maybe leave it? if eat then... bo bian lor :(

i dunno if pluck out how. must pluck with the "roots" otherwise i don't think they will survive.

will arrange for collection end of this week when my exams finish. can? haha. thanks again :ThanxSmiley:

i dunno. it looks nicer somehow. maybe the sps grow out abit more so it looks more compact.

oh i see both tanks have urchin. mm maybe leave it? if eat then... bo bian lor :(

i dunno if pluck out how. must pluck with the "roots" otherwise i don't think they will survive.

will arrange for collection end of this week when my exams finish. can? haha. thanks again :ThanxSmiley:

Lemon, no worry...i can try house it for you first till you are ready to plant it in your tank. Let me know :friends:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• Senior Reefer

Lemon, no worry...i can try house it for you first till you are ready to plant it in your tank. Let me know :friends:

ok that will be great. i can collect from jack and pass it to you, or if u meet him u can get from him. either way is fine.