Ribbon eel not eating

• SRC Member

very hard to keep this fish and i think u need a tank that is quite big as well... and im assuming they only take live food? correct me if im wrong... :P

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

very hard to keep this fish and i think u need a tank that is quite big as well... and im assuming they only take live food? correct me if im wrong... :P

Yup the problem with this eel is that they always reject food that is goven sometime live food too..... Suggest you read up more on them before buying

Ribbon eels are black when juvenile...blue when teenager..and yellow when adult.

Yellow-colored ones are all females. While black and blue ones are males.

I think the white ribbon eel is probably a type of moray instead? ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Supporter
Does anyone here have ribbon eel in their tank? Since last week i brought my ribbon eel and he's not eating at all?

Now my eel is like no strength to swim, i think he dying soon....

There is a lesson to be learnt here...

and that is always read up and find out the requirements of the specimen that you intend to obtain before commiting....

I believe that rule has been violated.....

Ribbon eels are pretty difficlut to sustain specimens....

Yea...

Also..ribbon eels are very good at escaping...along with other eels. So make sure your tank is properly secured.

If your eel seems to be losing weight and not eating..drastic measure could include force feeding...whereby the mouth is opened gently with your hand and a small food item fed to the animal. Take care not to feed too big a portion..as the digestive system can be overloaded all of a sudden. Not a recommended method for very very weak animals.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/