any TV PC experts?

ReDDeviLs

I wan to link my PC to HDTV via DVI cable - HDMI cable

however, after linking them up, my LCD TV keep flickering after showing the display info on my pc.. what is wrong?

it could be refresh rate of your video card is not acceptable by your tv.

Or

the resolution of the desktop is too high (most HDTV can accept up to 1920x1080) - cant confirm on the resolutions, but it should be something around there...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

how to check the refreshrate? or change it.

im using nvidia gforce 8800 GT

how would i know what kind of Gcard my tv can accept,thanks.

TV refresh rates varies... typically around 60+ or 70+hz. Some can go up to 100Hz.

You can't really change the TV refresh rate, just try to play around with your PC (or laptop). Depending on your OS, it could have different instructions.

(the how to change part, i'm not exactly a guru liao... i used to play ard with A/V stuff previously).

You may wanna try to lower your PC output resolution, that usually solves the problem.

For me, i didn't use the HDMI cable, i use the normal 15-pin video cable (which works quite well) to connect my laptop to my HDTV.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

oh, bcos the TV tells me

unable to detect audio.. then keep flickering. i also blur liao

hmm... i've not tried the HDMI cable b4, coz i'm using component cables to hook up DVD player to TV and optical cable for audio from DVD to Amp.

So never used HDMI.

maybe can try hardwarezone forum, the real A/V gurus are there...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

PCI Graphic card dont have VGA slot rite?

dude, i think what he meant is the 15-pin VGA cable. (the typical VGA cable). But i believe u'll need a male-to-male cable. (so dun buy wrong one).

for audio, i think the newer laptops come with surround sound output thru some new port (can't remember what's the name), if you're using a superb soundcard, you can use that output to connect to your amp.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Not all version of HDMI supports audio output, some PC card HDMI only support images, sound must be connected by sound card. Your DVI adaptor to HDMI may not support sound output also.

Play with the software that comes with your card.You can try going to the Graphic card software on your computer, there shld be a part where it can automatically detect your external TV sets, click "extend main mages onto TV" and not "clone images onto TV". Then u will have 2 sets of resolution, one that support your computer and one that support your tv. Finally go to the TV menu and check if the input for HDMI setting is correct and support the resolution from the PC card.

• SRC Member

Either resolution set too high or refresh rate doesn't match.

If you use vista, this link will be useful.

For video resolution on XP - see this. for refersh rate in XP, click on Advanced button, then Monitor tab.

Just try out the available settings until your display is normal.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Bro, Haven tried HDMI cable to connect but I think using VGA cable would be easier.. Dun think will have such a problem... for audio, play from your laptop or connect using component cable..

VGA resolution is very low, no point connected to HDTV la :whistle !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

oh, bcos the TV tells me

unable to detect audio.. then keep flickering. i also blur liao

DVI got no audio so you need to connect another audio jack to your TV, however some HDTV do not accept DVI input beco's HDCP issue, if I'm not wrong <_< .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe