DrJekyl_MrHyde

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

I bought the cup a while ago, 6 months back?

As it was in the holding tank for a while (1 month), when I bought it back it wasnt looking so good. Shed some mucous and very limited opening of polyps. Took a while... gee its been so long.... Generally, I will give newly introduced corals a week to acclimitize. Also, it depends very much of the health of the specimen. Since you already have your cup, no bother it so much by fiddling with its location. House the fella in prime real estate, the orchard area (lots of light, lots of water current traffic) and monitor. I think it is pretty hardy, so it should be fine.

Give it some time.

cheers

• SRC Member

Its a 3 footer.

I dont bother to feed my corals. I think all bottled stuff just adds to my nitrate levels, so I have given up for a while already.

Yes, the cup can be considered a LPS (i think) but I am not sure if it requires high calcium levels as other sps though. I does not exhibit the same external calcium structure as hard core LPS leh, and because of the tissue covering the skeleton, I also figure it looked soft.

Just do regular water changes, although a good skimmer might extend the frequency between changes. Stock lightly and watch the heat if you add more lights, then should be fine. The cup might take a while to recover, but it looks quite hardy and I dont think will die on you unless you really fumble and crush it in a Live Rock avalance or chemcial attack by its neighbours.

• SRC Member

nice clam ... riot i am think of keeping clam in my 2 footer after i upgrade my light to 110watts(87.5watts on 10000k daylight and 27.5watts on blueantic) but in m placing the place only 4-6iches away from my light..... useing fan to cool my tank down , temp should be 27-29 the most......

or 170watts PL t4 (137.5watts on daylight and 27.5 on antic) ....but i the temp will be a problem?

• SRC Member

ok i now have 1 55watts pl t4 1/2 10kk and 1/2 blue....so it 27.5watts on 10000k and 27.5 on blue..... so if a buy 1 more set only 10000k which is 55watts that will be a total of = 55+27.5=82.5watts on 10000k daylight ...(sorry not 87.5watts .....) .....total of two set of lighting will be 110watts .....

• SRC Member
reef lover is that your cup ....?

my one look the same like same this!

my ployps only open till like this now.....

so for this cup , is this the longest the ployps can go or even longer ...

i bought it yesterday it only open till like this pic showing.....

hi Dr ,

Yes that cup is mine....

It will grow longer .

http://r3.fodey.com/1ae71ee667ac04b60ba931...3ec.1.gif" border=0 width="312" height="107" alt="Ninja!"></a>

There is a debate going on whether to include a third category besides SPS and LPS..which is MPS. LoLx :lol:

Yea..this coral is actually quite common on the reefs around Singapore. ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/