easy to keep corals

was told that mushroom and button are the easiest to keep,what are the requirement to maintain them???do I need to feed them or provide those minerals for them???what other coral are easy to keep and does not require strong light???would appreciate if there are pics for me to see.and lastly,what's the price of mushroom and buttons???

• SRC Member

Mushrooms are very easy and range from $4-5 to $18-$20. Try those first. If you can't keep them alive then it is a very bad sign. They come in different colors and types. Some are smooth and some have mini tentacles, or are bumpy.

This is a mushroom of the smooth kind.

post-6-1040699814.jpg

• SRC Member

all corals need minerals, food etc :P but according to AT...live plankton are the best....still waiting for his thread on 'How to cultivate live plankton' :blink: corals need water current too...some need strong current...some need little current...ask LFS...they should give u a guide as to which corals need strong current/low current :unsure:

btw...though mushroom and buttons need only low light....but it is still the best to give them strong light...IMO :P

• SRC Member

i thk they are the same thing :P they come ontop of LR :P till tis point...jus wanted to share with you guys...one LFS actually suggested that if we wan LR, we can get all those corals and remove them :angry: leaving the LR alone...throwing away the corals :angry::angry: such a stoopid suggestion :P:ph34r: and irresponsible suggestion

(dun wanna to mention the name of the LFS, jus in case thet sue me :P )

• SRC Member

They get all they need from light and absorption from the water. Don't need any additional feeding. Given the right conditions, they can grow like weeds.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

wow

i had a few mushrooms tt came with my LR. 1 fell off the lr after a few days and disappear. then i discover a larger one at the back. surprisingly they can live in such conditions when my tank is cycling!

then there are these small little shrooms? look like sun flower. they are everywhere, one even attached itself to the side of the tank.