Giving up sales

• SRC Member

Hi all,

Sad but have to face it, giving up my reef setup due to a mishap; power failure during the weekend left my tank almost dead. No choice but to let go of the few remaining sps that survived as well as equipments.

As of the moment, still assessing what corals are left for sale; equipments to give up are as follows;

1. 4' x 2' x 20" high tank without external overflow, 2 sided starphire glass w black cabinet and sump

Tank came from Danano and i am second owner. -- $300

2. .5hp artica chiller -- $750

3. 3 x tunze 6060 with magnetic holders -- $100 each

4. 2 x 250w aqualight mh (pendant type) -- $140

5. rm ca reactor 8" x 20" w 2kg C02 cylinder and weipro ph controller -- $400

6. rm protein skimmer w resun md55 and rm waste collector -- $400

7. eheim 1260 - $150

all items are in good and working condition, there are small items like testers, additives that i will put up for sales later, just need to assess all. as for corals, will have to see what is in good health before i sell off..

my reeftank's last look....

reeftank.jpg

• SRC Member
  • 5 months later...
  • SRC Member

reviving this thread..... updates of equipments still on sale;

1. 4' x 2' x 20" high tank without external overflow, 2 sided starphire glass w black cabinet and sump

Tank came from Danano and i am second owner. -- $300 sold

2. .5hp artica chiller -- $750 revised price $700

3. 3 x tunze 6060 with magnetic holders -- $100 each - revised price $85 one unit left

4. 2 x 250w aqualight mh (pendant type) -- $140 sold

5. rm ca reactor 8" x 20" w 2kg C02 cylinder and weipro ph controller -- $400 revised price $350

6. rm protein skimmer w resun md55 and rm waste collector -- $400 revised price $350

7. eheim 1260 - $150 revised price $100

• SRC Member

For serious reefers with $$$ setup and LS, you guys should think about investing in a UPS unit. It can be used to run the bare essentials like Chiller, pumps and filters. Corals will do fine without light and other stuffs for a while.

Sad to see nice setups going up in smoke because of power failure.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

For serious reefers with $$$ setup and LS, you guys should think about investing in a UPS unit. It can be used to run the bare essentials like Chiller, pumps and filters. Corals will do fine without light and other stuffs for a while.

Sad to see nice setups going up in smoke because of power failure.

Hi Bro,

I agree with you the importance of UPS and was thinking of getting one, are you using one currently and do you have any recommendation ?

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• SRC Member
Hi Bro,

I agree with you the importance of UPS and was thinking of getting one, are you using one currently and do you have any recommendation ?

APC is a well-known trusted brand. You can find them at Challenger.

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Hi All Bro

Don't buy the 300 VA APC model. My friend and me brought at the same time this year and it sucks. Cannot last 20 minutes on a Ehiem Air pump. The signal wave length is not even square wave after we measure from a osciloscope. The noise on the power signal is terribe. Will post the model when I am back home.

Overall , APC is a great brand for higher end model. Should look for those that are 500 VA and above.

Hi All Bro

Don't buy the 300 VA APC model. My friend and me brought at the same time this year and it sucks. Cannot last 20 minutes on a Ehiem Air pump. The signal wave length is not even square wave after we measure from a osciloscope. The noise on the power signal is terribe. Will post the model when I am back home.

Overall , APC is a great brand for higher end model. Should look for those that are 500 VA and above.

Bro thanks for sharing your experience with us, appreciate that. Would be nice to knows of a reliable and proven one :)

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Bro thanks for sharing your experience with us, appreciate that. Would be nice to knows of a reliable and proven one :)

Bro, most of the higher end APC are pretty robust and quiet in operation as well.

I have very good experience with APC Smart-UPS XL 1000VA :upsidedown:

post-13298-1251247256.jpg

Bro, most of the higher end APC are pretty robust and quiet in operation as well.

I have very good experience with APC Smart-UPS XL 1000VA :upsidedown:

Bro,

How long can the APC Smart-UPS XL 1000VA last?

I was searching around for an UPS when I setting up my tank...but most of the sales guys in Sim Lim tell me it can last for only few minutes..

Got a Singapore Power letter last month saying that my area will be out of the power supply from 1 pm to 5 pm....

So I did some research and come out with some options....would like to share with anyone out there that might need this:

For a 5 to 6 foot tank.. you can do the following:

1) Go and buy 3 -4 battery powered air dumps (come with airstone) for $12-15 each... you this as your last line of define..

2) You can buy a mini petrol powered generator... a band new 800W generator cost you only S$290 - the down side is that it is not UPS, you need to start the power manual... I guess the tank is OK without a power for at least 15 min to 30 min... you should have enough time to start the generator

3) For safer and continuious supply of power..of coz buy the UPS mentioned above... but not sure how long it can last (can someone share the experience)

4) Go and buy a power inverter and choose/configure your batteries depending how long you want the powere to last... this give me the flexibility in terms of Power and $$$

For my case, I got the combination of option 1 and option 4..

I good 1000W inverter (with UPS function and auto charger) cost me about S$250 and a 12V - 36 Am batteries can run all my tank setup (including chiller) plus watching TV for 5 hours.... :eyebrow:

cheers,

fts-022012.JPG

Bro, u can see the link below for the tech specs on the APC Smart-UPS XL 1000VA

http://www.apc.com/products/resource/inclu...;total_watts=50

I have not tested all the performance figures outlined but according to APC;

@50W Power consumption - can last 5hrs 23mins

@400W Power consumption - can last 34mins (half load)

@800W Power consumption - can last 9.7mins (full and max load)

For my purpose it is good enough to run my return pump and wavemakers for a long time.

There are certainly cheaper alternatives that may be just as good but I appreciate the overall fuss free robust package that APC offers - basically plug and play with built-in surge protection, excellent responsive time to Power cuts all in a professional looking compact machine. :rolleyes:

What abt connecting it to the chiller?

That is one hungry electricity eater...

As far as I understand a Chiller eat out about 220-250 W.... so with the APC UPS you might only can last for few minutes..

Not sure if a SRS tank without chiller for 5 hours is ok or not... :shock:

fts-022012.JPG

What abt connecting it to the chiller?

That is one hungry electricity eater...

Hence I am working on my next upgrade already............

APC rack-mount UPS, similar to those used to back up server rooms :eyebrow:

Fully modular system up to more than 10KVA......should be able run my whole tank + chiller for 5 hrs

post-13298-1251292149.jpg

• SRC Member
Bro,

How long can the APC Smart-UPS XL 1000VA last?

I was searching around for an UPS when I setting up my tank...but most of the sales guys in Sim Lim tell me it can last for only few minutes..

Got a Singapore Power letter last month saying that my area will be out of the power supply from 1 pm to 5 pm....

So I did some research and come out with some options....would like to share with anyone out there that might need this:

For a 5 to 6 foot tank.. you can do the following:

1) Go and buy 3 -4 battery powered air dumps (come with airstone) for $12-15 each... you this as your last line of define..

2) You can buy a mini petrol powered generator... a band new 800W generator cost you only S$290 - the down side is that it is not UPS, you need to start the power manual... I guess the tank is OK without a power for at least 15 min to 30 min... you should have enough time to start the generator

3) For safer and continuious supply of power..of coz buy the UPS mentioned above... but not sure how long it can last (can someone share the experience)

4) Go and buy a power inverter and choose/configure your batteries depending how long you want the powere to last... this give me the flexibility in terms of Power and $$$

For my case, I got the combination of option 1 and option 4..

I good 1000W inverter (with UPS function and auto charger) cost me about S$250 and a 12V - 36 Am batteries can run all my tank setup (including chiller) plus watching TV for 5 hours.... :eyebrow:

cheers,

the battery only 432W and can tahan chiller and TV for 5 hours?!?! wow. how many batteries you are using? I seen those fuel generator where you can diy with a circuit to run it automatically when the power goes down. The thing is where in the world do I put the generator when it is a fume generating monster.

• SRC Member

This is the APC UPS selection tool. Add up all your electric loads, select desired run time and it'll tell you which UPS is suitable.

• SRC Member

thanks guys for keeping my thread alive, but this is meant as my sales thread; appreciate if you continue your discussions on another thread :whistle:whistle:whistle

upz for my sales, i am trying to reply to all pms but an error occurs and prompting me that i can only reply to pms on aug 27... weird....

just to answer the queries;

@giang -- this is a 0.5hp chiller (1/2hp) and i don't think it is practical for you to hook it on your nano tank.

@eralus -- ca reactor is plug and play w ph controller, c02 tank, in take pump, this is the best price i can give you.

@LLKW -- artica chiller is in good running condition -- changed the fan last year and just to remind, it is a 1/2hp

commercial unit, not 1/5hp. Ive been running it for abt 2.5yrs

any other queries pls contact me at 98464073.... thanks ---> jon

the battery only 432W and can tahan chiller and TV for 5 hours?!?! wow. how many batteries you are using? I seen those fuel generator where you can diy with a circuit to run it automatically when the power goes down. The thing is where in the world do I put the generator when it is a fume generating monster.

It's all depend what capacity of the battery set you are configuring or buying. A 12V 36 amp battery is good enough for me. For longer duration and supporting more tanks... you can add more battery set parallel or buy a bigger one (e.g. 68 amp or 120 amp)... of coz... the higher capacity the more $$$ :rolleyes:

As for the fuel generator... the smallest I saw so far is about the size of a 17" monitor...so it's quite compact in the sense..but then again... if you turn on the generator...it's like driving a motorcycle in the house... if you don mind the smoke and the noise...go for it... after all you can use it for other outing usages.. :P

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member

Sorry Reefer Guy, My fault for the first off topic comment. :paiseh: