My Tank Over Loaded

So is it right to say that Chromis is no longer a peaceful and easy to care hardy fish? No longer to keep it in school(group)?

Tks dnsfpl for your comments.

Will update you on my health of my Chromis soon...

We are here to learn & share right?

Admiring a well designed Terrarium's garden indoor is like walking thru a garden after a whole day work...

• SRC Member

to be fair la...who dun buy on impulse...i m guility of that myself...fishes are adaptable creatures and will live according to the space given...unless u r talking abt tangs and angels these types nano tank is a no no...he has a setback once before...and can see he is very into his hobby now...cheerios brother! Keep it up...my only concern is that anemone...

l7304smr.jpg

Tks Bro AhSiang, me too very worried about my zoas next to it, his arms always extend looong loooong and touches them.

Btw, do you know how to take the Anemoe out? Me try once but failed :(

Admiring a well designed Terrarium's garden indoor is like walking thru a garden after a whole day work...

• SRC Member
Tks Bro AhSiang, me too very worried about my zoas next to it, his arms always extend looong loooong and touches them.

Btw, do you know how to take the Anemoe out? Me try once but failed :(

Wear a glove...take it out in the night when yr zoas and surrounding corals are "sleeping"...dig yr hands into the sand bed and scoop it up from the bottom.

Before you do all that, remove some of the surrounding corals next to it and place them away temporary.

Btw, where are you gonna house yr anemone? Intend to place it into a pail ? (put a piece of rock inside the pail and with an air pump to provide oxygen)

(planting it in chek jawa? haha)

Do it slowly you dun wanna cause too much stress to your fishes...all the best! :D

FYI, i used to buy an yellow anemone out of impulse also...tot it wd be nice to include it into my tank...haha :pinch::pinch:

You may want to include one or 2 live rocks behind yr tank...so you place some of your corals on top. Your tank will have some depth to it, not so flat...

l7304smr.jpg

So is it right to say that Chromis is no longer a peaceful and easy to care hardy fish? No longer to keep it in school(group)?

Tks dnsfpl for your comments.

Will update you on my health of my Chromis soon...

We are here to learn & share right?

They are considered hardy and easier to keep compared to other reef fish but in a tank they will reduce their own numbers to a number suitable and comfortable for themselves. This is heavily dependent on your tank size and the environment in the tank. Tanks smaller than 3 ft usually end up with 1 chromis. (Apparently this chromis aggression thing does not seem to apply to the LFS tanks where they are kept in)

Other than this aggression between themselves, they are very peaceful towards other fish. And yes, you are most likely not able to keep it in a group for now.

I posted about your goniopora in your other tank thread but I think I should post here incase you miss it there.

Your maroon should not be hosting in your goniopora if you want your goniopora to live. I have observed that your goniopora has reduced in extension and your clown hosting in it could be the a reason for that.

To keep your goniopora alive you need to do frequent target feedings because their living requirements exceeds that of most LPS which can survive purely on lighting. There is a website all about goniopora coral but it seems like it is inaccessible now...

Bro Boxerz, I fully agree with you, the way you highlight to me sound better :) I'm here to learn also.

My Chromis have been reduce to 8 from 10 yesterday, my black/white Cardinal also drop by 1.

Do you think if I take out the Maroon Clown and put in perc clown, will the environment be better for

my goniopora and perc clown will like to host in anemone? Last time I used to have other clown fish and

they like to host and play around this anemone.

Tks

Bro Boxerz, I fully agree with you, the way you highlight to me sound better :) I'm here to learn also.

My Chromis have been reduce to 8 from 10 yesterday, my black/white Cardinal also drop by 1.

Do you think if I take out the Maroon Clown and put in perc clown, will the environment be better for

my goniopora and perc clown will like to host in anemone? Last time I used to have other clown fish and

they like to host and play around this anemone.

Tks

Is the base of the anemone leathery in texture ? If it is, it is probably the long-tentacle/leather anemone. They are natural hosts for percula but NOT oscellaris. However, in cases of anemone hosting it is really up to the individual clowns whether they want to or not. Even if they do, clowns do sometimes move to several hosts. Meaning they maybe be hosting in the anemone but sometimes move to your bubble and then your goniopora, etc. Generally they will stick to one host but they may move about from time to time.

So if you take out your maroon, it will definitely be better for your gonio but putting percula in, there is NO guarantee it will not host your goniopora. At the very least there is a chance that it will not and it is better than letting your maroon stay and stick to your goniopora if you really want a clownfish.

Bravo! Took out the Anemone from my tank from the help of Peter from Sealife liao.

My Zoas and bubbles can live in peace in the tank already.

HaHa! More place for corals liao. Not to worry I won't add in more fishes :)

• SRC Member
Bravo! Took out the Anemone from my tank from the help of Peter from Sealife liao.

My Zoas and bubbles can live in peace in the tank already.

HaHa! More place for corals liao. Not to worry I won't add in more fishes :)

Wahhh...great man! :upsidedown::upsidedown: time to cheong liao...

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer

dun forget, corals are living things which add bio-load too ;) in fact, some corals produce more waste than a small fish! just a gentle reminder haha! btw, ur tank is getting along really nicely. only problem is the number of fishes. work towards ur goal bro. we will support u all the way

They are considered hardy and easier to keep compared to other reef fish but in a tank they will reduce their own numbers to a number suitable and comfortable for themselves. This is heavily dependent on your tank size and the environment in the tank. Tanks smaller than 3 ft usually end up with 1 chromis. (Apparently this chromis aggression thing does not seem to apply to the LFS tanks where they are kept in)

Other than this aggression between themselves, they are very peaceful towards other fish. And yes, you are most likely not able to keep it in a group for now.

LFS chromis does not fight each other most likely because lfs uses crowd control method, when there are many in a tank none gets to be too teritorial.

Recently after my 2ft marine tank water parameter back to quite normal, I started to loaded in fishes from farms around Singapore>

Wow! I just do a stock count, number of fishes in my tank exceeds 30 !

Stock as at 17 Mar

4 Anthias

5 Cardinafish(Spotted/black-white)

2 Mandarin

2 Watchman Goby

1 Maroon Clown

1 Bi-Color Dottyback

1 Six line Wrasse

2 Scissortail Dartfish

1 Yellowhead Jawfish

1 Seahorse

1 Cucumber

5 Nass Snail

10 Chromis

Must tie my hand liao :(

I notice u mention about having mandrian in ur tank, are they having problems with their food intake? i like to keep them too but put off due to their feeding habbits being too hard to follow.