1 hp chiller for sale / to repair

Crab

Need quotation on repair or sell as it is.

Have an old chiller & do not know its brand, outlook not nice. I think it's 1hp (to be confirmed). No idea how old, bought from a friend few years ago, paid $200.

Some background:

1) Have changed new compressor & radiator. (cost me $300+)

2) Changed the copper coil.

3) Copper coil is inserted into rubber hose, water pump into rubber hose and out to aquarium. Unlike other chiller where water and coil are in chiller sump/box.

4) Copper leach when contact with sea water. No coating was done on copper coil.

Repair needed:

1) Change to titanium coil, or coat copper coil so it won't leach

2) Change to chiller sump/box is possible

Please offer if you want the chiller. If you know how to repair, please quote repair cost.

:thanks:

• SRC Member

now..tt's a problematic quote you've given. Wat you are selling is essentially only the compressor and the condensor, since the buyer has to replace the copper coil and there is not temp controller (as you've mentioned). So you've brought up you paid $300 for both items..and now you are selling for $400?? potential buyers would buy a brand new set for the $300 you've mentioned and choke up another $200+ for the Ti coil! Maybe you should reconsider the selling price!

Ok as for repair, i do know wat you should do to get it running like a normal Titanium chiller..pm me if you r interested to know where to get the parts and how to put everything together.

Oops, forget to mention the controller, I've change it too. To compute my total cost:

Old Chiller: $200

Compressor & coil: $350

Controller: $80

Total: $630

Selling price: $400

I Loss: $230

Shit, brand new set only $300!? 1 horsepower?

Alvy, after reading your reply again. I think I know what you meant.

The compressor & radiator is $350. Other can't buy a new one at $350 because there's other components in a chiller. i.e. the fan & other electronics components. Can still sell at $400? :(

I was told that my chiller can be used on planted tank. Anyone can confirm? Maybe selling to planted tank user.

• SRC Member

hello, all you need to do is to get a titanium heat exchanger and you are ready to go! a Ti heat xchanger is only ard SGD$250.. so in all, one who buys from you the system have to fork out 400 bucks + 250 bucks = $650 to make it work!tt excludes the ah peck who wields up the thingy for you!

you might want to consider keeping it for your own use...from the looks of things, i think any buyer would want to buy a perceived workable 2nd hand chiller with proper cover and stuff (looks nice, looks functional..looks buyable!)..if you intend to sell a no frills, 2nd barebone system, you've gotta reduce your selling price to a point tt buyers are willing to risk losing the "small" $$ to buy a product which might or might not work but worth experimenting with since it's cheap!!!

Since the overall cost price of a brand new, no frills, workable and super efficient system of 1 HP cost around 600-700 bucks most people would go for a brand new one!

I don't mean to dampen you sales here..i'm quite sure very few would even dare to think about buying this system because the price to pay might just be enough to pay for a good 2nd chiller of a reputable (or not) brand!

good luck!

I don't mean to dampen you sales here..i'm quite sure very few would even dare to think about buying this system because the price to pay might just be enough to pay for a good 2nd chiller of a reputable (or not) brand!

No problem at all, Alvy. I do appreciate your comment. If it's not sold, and I donno what to do with it, it will continue to sit in my store room. Will PM you regarding the exchanger.