Feeding time!

lyz77

• SRC Member

When adding plankton into the tank, do we need to off the pump? Since the DT plankton is alive, if it's stuck in the wool in the filter, will it die & cause problem to the water chemistry.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but there is still alot I need to learn from expert out there!

• SRC Member
DT cell's size is smaller then the gaps in filter wool.

(the biggest algae cell is not more than 12 microns)

But most powerful skimmers nowadays are not plankton friendly and may skim it out .

Thks for the info! btw 1 more question! Hw abt the cycloneeze...? I've ordered the DT and cycloneeze from eaquanature & shd be getting it tis cming sat! So need some advise before feeding my coral!

I had read sm thread abt soaking the food in garlic guard b4 feeding! So after soaking, juz pour the whole food in or need to remove any excess garlic guard from the food? Will it be easier to maybe drip a drop of garlic guard directly into the tank?

• SRC Member

cyclops are 800microns (more than double the size of baby brine shrimps).

Yes a little may be stuck in the filter wool.

You want the food to soak up the garlic which is easier to feed (or get into fishes)- u can pour away the excess juice before feeding. Dripping it direct into the tank will dilute it & most probably be skimmed out.

• SRC Member
cyclops are 800microns (more than double the size of baby brine shrimps).

Yes a little may be stuck in the filter wool.

You want the food to soak up the garlic which is easier to feed (or get into fishes)- u can pour away the excess juice before feeding. Dripping it direct into the tank will dilute it & most probably be skimmed out.

:thanks: