wth is this?

• Senior Reefer

Notice my anthelias and xenias release this extremely long "comb" like web from their polyps at night. these nets will retract back after a few seconds of swaying in the water. looks as though they are catching food particles or something. i never knew xenias and anthelias can capture food? to my knowledge at least...

anyone here have any idea? quite mesmerising actually...to see long strands emerge and retract rapidly in a second or two.

here is a picture. its hard to capture becoz its very transparent. but u can see roughly. and have drawn myself what it looks like in person.

post-15755-1241274055.jpg

Notice my anthelias and xenias release this extremely long "comb" like web from their polyps at night. these nets will retract back after a few seconds of swaying in the water. looks as though they are catching food particles or something. i never knew xenias and anthelias can capture food? to my knowledge at least...

anyone here have any idea? quite mesmerising actually...to see long strands emerge and retract rapidly in a second or two.

here is a picture. its hard to capture becoz its very transparent. but u can see roughly. and have drawn myself what it looks like in person.

Don't think it's from the xenia.. probably something (a kind of snail/worm with hard tubes) that's sharing the rock base..

I have 1 of this in the middle of my monti plate.. quite irritating to see the long string slime..

• Senior Reefer
Don't think it's from the xenia.. probably something (a kind of snail/worm with hard tubes) that's sharing the rock base..

I have 1 of this in the middle of my monti plate.. quite irritating to see the long string slime..

isit? i always tot they emergy from the xenia itself. ok will take a closer look. thx for ur input

• Senior Reefer
looks like u got some algae prob? :eyeblur:

look out for the start of e so called worm thing is there very small like 1 - 2 mm pebbles ard e hole?

that algae is those hard green kind. dam hard to clean. must use razor to scrape out. cannot see from the front but under light from the side then can see.