My cheapo 3ft Tank setup

• SRC Supporter

Wah thanks bro.. your sun certainly lights up my day!!!!!! More inspired.... burning with fire liao.

Nice, u using Macro Lens?

I m now trying to save up to get a Tamron S90 F2.8 Di Macro Lens... :)

The stock lens cannot bring out the life of the pics.... the other zoom lens not suitable for macro shots... arggg....

• 2 months later...
Wah thanks bro.. your sun certainly lights up my day!!!!!! More inspired.... burning with fire liao.

Nice, u using Macro Lens?

I m now trying to save up to get a Tamron S90 F2.8 Di Macro Lens... :)

The stock lens cannot bring out the life of the pics.... the other zoom lens not suitable for macro shots... arggg....

Hi Guys, been sometime liao no updates on my cheapo tank..........

Family stress + Work stress.... Tank neglected..... casualties in tank....

Corals Ripped.... Elegance, Gonia, Bubble injuried....

Fish Ripped.... Mandarin, Royal Gamma, Purple Tank, Damsel....

Recently adjusted some rocks..... Lastest views.....

post-13268-1256051329_thumb.jpgpost-13268-1256051338_thumb.jpg

post-13268-1256051342.jpgpost-13268-1256051409_thumb.jpg

post-13268-1256051424_thumb.jpgpost-13268-1256051429.jpg

post-13268-1256051436_thumb.jpgpost-13268-1256051440.jpg

post-13268-1256051460_thumb.jpgpost-13268-1256051464.jpg

post-13268-1256051470_thumb.jpgpost-13268-1256051474_thumb.jpg

Cheers.... :rolleyes:

post-13268-1256051455.jpg

May I know what kind of lighting your tank has? Your tank still looks great after "neglect"

Hi kanegan,

Thanks for your comments. Did some clean up last week, sucking out the debris at the bottom.

I'm using one tube CoralLife 30Watt 10K Light and one Tube Acadia Blue Light, both in BigBoy 30Watt casing.

Pic of common brown plates lay on the bottom.

post-13268-1256133917.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

very nice of you! but i shall resist :angel: since i haven't got space for them. thank you for your kind offer!

may i know where did you get the mother colony with all the plates and the cost? saw something like that at reborn before, was quoted 4 blue notes :mellow:

• Senior Reefer
very nice of you! but i shall resist :angel: since i haven't got space for them. thank you for your kind offer!

may i know where did you get the mother colony with all the plates and the cost? saw something like that at reborn before, was quoted 4 blue notes :mellow:

plate corals are unique. when they die, they have sudden mass production of new plate corals. what u see here is many new baby plate corals growing from the dead one. the babies then drop off and repopulate. very cool way of reproducing.

• SRC Member
plate corals are unique. when they die, they have sudden mass production of new plate corals. what u see here is many new baby plate corals growing from the dead one. the babies then drop off and repopulate. very cool way of reproducing.

Nice Avatar!

A Little Stress-Relieving Fish Tank

Bro Straydum, my Big Plate is dead one, but small ones keep growing on it then drop off to the bottom.... I dun think it's so $$$$ cos the shop i frequent at Aljunied sold me at a very good price... ;)

Bro Lemon, :thanks: for explaining. :)

Bro RedStar, Hi.

Cheers....!

• SRC Member
Bro Straydum, my Big Plate is dead one, but small ones keep growing on it then drop off to the bottom.... I dun think it's so $$$$ cos the shop i frequent at Aljunied sold me at a very good price... ;)

Bro Lemon, :thanks: for explaining. :)

Bro RedStar, Hi.

Cheers....!

Hi FreeWillie... :)

Lemon, frag where? Haha.

A Little Stress-Relieving Fish Tank