cheers

ya was there at very last minute.....n i grad the last piece. hehehe

Bro dnsfpl, hv u solve ur problem??

urs noisy also?

• SRC Member
went RD last sat to test the pump, no issue when running insump

but when i run outsump over my side still very noisy

will drop by again this sat, hopefully they will do a 1 to 1 exchange

even if running outsump, it is not suppose to have the rattling noise.

age.png

went RD last sat to test the pump, no issue when running insump

but when i run outsump over my side still very noisy

will drop by again this sat, hopefully they will do a 1 to 1 exchange

cheers

urs noisy also?

still no time to install it.... hopefully my 1 dun have problem.

• 1 month later...
still no time to install it.... hopefully my 1 dun have problem.

Just run my skimmer yesterday. no sound problem but encounter some tuning problem.

1st i running my skimmer wit 1260 but the water output go high n low, i dunno wat happen. n i cannot opeen the air valve in full bcoz it wil flood out. then after that i change the to a smaller pump as the feeding pump. the water output high lower problem solved but the tuning of the air-valve still cannot open fully. Hope any expert, senior o gurus can help me solve the problem. as this is my 1st time using deltec. thanks all in advance.

I tuned by deltec skimmer to the following:

- water level in skimmer to be around base of cup

- opening of the air valve at 2 o'clock (as mentioned in the earlier threads by fellow reefers)

The pump has to be in the on mode if your air tube opening is near to the water level, i experience water splashing once when i forgot to turn on the 1260.

HTH

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
hi,

can you post your whole deltec picture? im having the same skimmer(bought from another reefer). Still tweaking it in a bucket. Would like to see if we have the same white milky bubble colour. As mine is not so much milky as below picture.

post-14-1108901181.jpg

hmm, whats your feeder pump and mine dont have the valve which is not fully open as mark in my picture below.

you're meaning that the bottom near the base plate is not as milky? but your skim output seems fine~

post-15831-1252455897_thumb.jpg

hmm, whats your feeder pump and mine dont have the valve which is not fully open as mark in my picture below.

you're meaning that the bottom near the base plate is not as milky? but your skim output seems fine~

does the feeder pump plays an important role? its just a cheap feeder pump for testing the skimmer. mine do have valve for the input.

understood on the base plate why its not milky. Im talking about the above the plate portion. Its not that white considered to the picture, but still is white.

The skimmer is still in a tub not yet connected to tank. And the salt mix is new too. I will put some market prawn or some fish flake to see if it can skim or not.

will post a picture to clarify about the color of bubbles.

does the feeder pump plays an important role? its just a cheap feeder pump for testing the skimmer. mine do have valve for the input.

understood on the base plate why its not milky. Im talking about the above the plate portion. Its not that white considered to the picture, but still is white.

The skimmer is still in a tub not yet connected to tank. And the salt mix is new too. I will put some market prawn or some fish flake to see if it can skim or not.

Here's picture to picture comparison, not sure if my photography skill is the same as the 1st picture...

vs

dscn1254g.jpg

or maybe its just the flash making it white(milky)?

I had put some fish food into the bucket to see if the skimmer working or not, after an hour+ no foam..just bubble popping..

dscn1253z.jpg

dscn1252.jpg

could it be due to the air input? or some calcium deposit at the air input? i've read on the D-D manual saying that salt brand could also cause this. FYI im using IO.

Any advise?

• SRC Member

did u buy ur skimmer new or used? if new, it will have a breaking in period. n also in new saltmix, it's clean water, so what u expect to c the skimmer skim out? salt????

did u buy ur skimmer new or used? if new, it will have a breaking in period. n also in new saltmix, it's clean water, so what u expect to c the skimmer skim out? salt????

its a used skimmer..although its a clean water..i did put a market prawn to see if i could skim out...also put few flake food...will wait for the nite to see if it could skim those thing out in the morning(correct me if im wrong)...and there is also a base rock in the bucket...

not sure if i did the right thing

ztgles.jpg

k9bm9.jpg

HTH

cheers

wah nice skimmate...hopefully i could tune it like yours... r u feeding via pump or gravity fed?

when can get those foam....

• SRC Member
its a used skimmer..although its a clean water..i did put a market prawn to see if i could skim out...also put few flake food...will wait for the nite to see if it could skim those thing out in the morning(correct me if im wrong)...and there is also a base rock in the bucket...

wah nice skimmate...hopefully i could tune it like yours... r u feeding via pump or gravity fed?

skimmate may varies from tank to tank...things u feed, number of stocking etc......

i have 18 fish, feed 5-7 times a day

cannot compare skimmate, test for no3, more accurate

i T off from my return, adjust the water level using the T off valve

After observing my skimmer and also google some protein skimmer info..i can conclude that my bubble pre maturely pops before even foam and rise to the collection cup nicely due to

1) maybe some oil in my water?

2) calcium deposit in my intake causing air restriction

3) salt brand

i will try and clean up my intake hose to see if there are any calcium deposit there..and also i will try throw in a carbon to see if it can absorb any uwanted oil or whatever...