Co2 tank can topup with helium gas?

clkong

• SRC Member

hi, i got a spare 2 litre CO2 tank. Anyone can advise whether i can use it to top with helium gas?

Not for marine use but for inflating ballons. Too lazy to keep going back to florist shop to top up my son's ballon.

If yes, where can i top up and how much is it?

Thanks

hi, i got a spare 2 litre CO2 tank. Anyone can advise whether i can use it to top with helium gas?

Not for marine use but for inflating ballons. Too lazy to keep going back to florist shop to top up my son's ballon.

Thanks

Hi bro, I don't think so. From my knowledge, helium tank needs to be certified where as most tank we used are either not certified or is only certified to contain non-flamable gas such as co2 nia.

;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Helium is non-flammable.

Oops got confused with hydrogen.. paiseh :paiseh:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Thanks

there are several places where you can top up. i normally buy my helium from NOX, we buy by the 'J' bottle or by the crate. the last time we bought cost $0.07/L. how many litre is your bottle? and what is max pressure? you'll know the total amout of helium for a fill. the one that we bought are medical grade, i think you don't need med grade for balloons, just industrial grade will do.... probably cheaper too.

• SRC Member
there are several places where you can top up. i normally buy my helium from NOX, we buy by the 'J' bottle or by the crate. the last time we bought cost $0.07/L. how many litre is your bottle? and what is max pressure? you'll know the total amout of helium for a fill. the one that we bought are medical grade, i think you don't need med grade for balloons, just industrial grade will do.... probably cheaper too.

are u refering to National Oxygen Pte Ltd? where is the place to top up? do they have the normal or industrial grade?

peiseh, what do u mean by buy by the J bottle or by the crate? is it something that i can use and dispose? haha something like the steam boat gas canister?

are u refering to National Oxygen Pte Ltd? where is the place to top up? do they have the normal or industrial grade?

peiseh, what do u mean by buy by the J bottle or by the crate? is it something that i can use and dispose? haha something like the steam boat gas canister?

yes, National Oxygen. 'J' bottles are those big tanks that you see at construction sites...lol a crate is 9 of the 'J' bottles pack in a metal crate. i think there is a shop in defu filling industrial grade gases. sorry, i don't know the exact location as we only use med grade for breathing.

• SRC Member
yes, National Oxygen. 'J' bottles are those big tanks that you see at construction sites...lol a crate is 9 of the 'J' bottles pack in a metal crate. i think there is a shop in defu filling industrial grade gases. sorry, i don't know the exact location as we only use med grade for breathing.

OIC..thank u.