Many white spots pls help

Hi bro,

Just my 2 cents, I realized that you tank was set-up recently and you have been stocking too fast. As such, the conditions inside your tank fluctuates alot and can be stressful. Fishes that are prone to white spots such as Tangs will be the first to catch them.

If I were you, I will fish them out for treatment and get some seniors/shops to house them while I await for the maturing of the tank (estimate 3 months).

HTH ;)

My purple and black tanks is full of white spots kindly advise what should i do to cure them. Thanks

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Hi Bro

My 2 cents too.....

See that you have corals too. This would be tricky.

If you state what you have currently, senior reefers will be able to advice you accordingly.

For me, I am keeping FOLWR and intial stage (2 years back) also be hit by white spots. I used Kent Marine RXP and seem to work for me well. 1 year + ago, I will never ut a new fish into my display tank before quarantine for 30 days. If you have enough space and time, setting up a quarantine tank worth the effort for maintaining a nice display tank for enjoyment of this hobby.

You may wish to read out what Kent Marine RXP can do and decide whether worth a try.

Fish them out (Siong. Use traps) and administer copper treatment in a quarantine tank. I also kana last time and this is the only way that works for me. Tried coral safe herbal treatement and octozine to treat in main tank as to "mah fan" to take out the fishes but no use. Have you tangs lost its appetite yet?

event.png

Fish them out (Siong. Use traps) and administer copper treatment in a quarantine tank. I also kana last time and this is the only way that works for me. Tried coral safe herbal treatement and octozine to treat in main tank as to "mah fan" to take out the fishes but no use. Have you tangs lost its appetite yet?

not yet still chasing for food. Have been feeding with food soak in garlic extract, heard its good for them. Will watch for few days. Thanks bro

Hi bro,

Just my 2 cents, I realized that you tank was set-up recently and you have been stocking too fast. As such, the conditions inside your tank fluctuates alot and can be stressful. Fishes that are prone to white spots such as Tangs will be the first to catch them.

If I were you, I will fish them out for treatment and get some seniors/shops to house them while I await for the maturing of the tank (estimate 3 months).

HTH ;)

Good suggestion thanks bro.

not yet still chasing for food. Have been feeding with food soak in garlic extract, heard its good for them. Will watch for few days. Thanks bro

When they are not eating, you better act quick. They will also be easier to catch by then. Try not to wait till then.

event.png

Quite a few people think fishes naturally catch ich when they are stressed, especially for some kinds of fishes such as tangs. My understanding and personal experience leads me to conclude otherwise.

Ich is usually introduced into a tank from an external infected source, such as fishes or live rocks. They are parasites that live under the skin of fishes and reproduce quickly. Try reading up... too much info to post here but the point is that once they appear in your tank, they are going to be your worst nightmare. No amount of garlic is going to help your fishes fend off their relentless attacks - it may help reduce the symptoms but it sure doesn't solve the root of the problem which is that they exist in your tank.

The only true long-term solution and the best one for your fishes' health and your own sanity is to totally rid your aquarium of ich once and for all, and to prevent any infected sources being introduced again. What I did to finally have an ich-free tank:

1. Net out all the fishes into a separate quarantine tank.

2. Leave the main tank fishless for 3 months. The ich eventually dies without any fishes to host on. Corals and inverts are ok.

3. Do whatever you need to cure the infected fishes in quarantine, either with medication or hypo-salinity. I tried hypo-salinity but that killed 90% of my fishes due to my lack of experience maintaining the water quality in a hypo-salinity state. Skimmers don't work in hypo-salinity.

4. After 3 months, re-introduce fishes into the main tank, but only when you are sure they are not infected, usually by observing them for a couple of weeks in quarantine.