Another DIY LED lighting

Jameshong

Bro,

What you use to control your relay?

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

I see. Thank You

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

After 18 months of running my LED lighting with success of growing birdnest, milli, zoa and other corals, I'm going to pursuit further by revamping my current one to widening the LED's color spectrum and also to have better viewing pleasure for my family members.

I have drafted a few layout plans and the attached picture is my favorite one but not confirm yet.

All LEDs will be controlled by my Profilux Light II controller and powered by dimmable Meanwell and/or Luxdrive BuckBlock/FlexBlock LED driver.

All comments & feedback are welcome..... :bow: .

JawWSLL.jpg

Bro,

Great deisgn... can you tell me how you come out with the number of LED used and the ratio? :thumbsup:

fts-022012.JPG

Bro,

Great deisgn... can you tell me how you come out with the number of LED used and the ratio? :thumbsup:

Hi bro,

Thanks for the compliment.. :bow: !

For the number of LEDs needs can be calculated by the formula of tank length x wide / 16.

Regards to LED colour ratio of my design, it's derived from the Ecotech Radion and add in some of my thought that come from my past experience :P . As I'm looking for 14~20KK so my ratio is either 2.5RB:1W or 3RB:1W but the about design is not confirm yet :unsure: .

For colour temperature ratio, you also can refer to ReefLedLight.com .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Spread the led to the side more ? Currently mine is cluster at middle and the side are not getting enough lights

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

Spread the led to the side more ? Currently mine is cluster at middle and the side are not getting enough lights

Hi sunny03,

IMHO, in order to let the cluster LED cover the entire tank, you have to look into a few factors such as,

1. LEDs per cluster

2. Design and position of the LEDs per cluster

3. Type and colour of the LEDs used & colour combination

4. Degree of Len used

5. Coverage area per cluster

For example, I have 1 Radion on my 3ft tank and I have the situation like you because 1 Radion can only cover 2x2ft. Currently I'm using previous DIYed LED module to cover the other part/side of the tank but problem is... difficult to blend in with Radion colour temperature even though I controlled with ProfiLux light II controller.

For 3ft tank, I need at least 54 LEDs to cover the entire tank but Radion has only 2 clusters (17LEDs/Cluster) which is shortage of 20 ++ LEDs.

Therefore, this new LED cluster is basically designed to match & compensate the loss light that Radion unable to cover and at the same time add UV/TV to create more fluorescent effect cum improve coral growth in my tank.

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• 2 weeks later...

Plan finalised and part ordered ^_^.

It's time to transist my current diyed LED from conventional to Full Spectrum soon... :superman: !

While waiting for the part to arrive..I have drafted the clustered LED's position on the heatsink.

post-1282-0-33974300-1333266738_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

While waiting for the part to arrive..I have drafted the clustered LED's position on the heatsink.

Bro, your LED DIY skills never failed to impress me....looking forward to see your new piece....

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

Bro, your LED DIY skills never failed to impress me....looking forward to see your new piece....

Hi bro,

Thanks for the compliment.

How is your tank now? Cycle ended?

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

Thanks for the compliment.

How is your tank now? Cycle ended?

Hmm, cycle ended and added in some LS.

New problem come out...now with hair algae....using Phosphate Reactor to control it now....so much to learn abt this hobby....keeping me challenged...haha

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought live sand, pinpoint remote sensor and nanomag from Madpetz this afternoon..! This week will finish up the piping, leak test then follow by LR scaping liao.