container drip for kalkwasser

kelvin70

Bro, one big flaw in dripping kalkwasser is you're not correctly compensating for water evaporation... if you drip to much you'll decrease your SG and not enough you'll increase your SG.

I've been making KA reactors with float switches to add kalkwasser only when the water level evaporates, so if you're calculated how much water evaporate in the course of a day and replace it with kalkwasser water dripping system your the best...lol

BTW: you should only add kalkwasser during the night when the PH drops off and your CR reactor during day when the PH is at its highest... a perfect balance.

Regards

Hi bro, thanks for your info,Im been using this matter for amost 1 month+ so far so good can see the growth of purple,pink and green calcareous algaes .....anyway thanks... want to get one from me ???

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

lol... thanks for the offer but I'd rather use a system that work without guessing... anyway up for your sells, btw if your looking for a real KR reactor I can set you up for under 150 installed.

PS. are you using a SS316l valve?

wherecan i collect and how to monitor the drip as i'm starting my reef tank soon

bro,u can collect anytime ,to monitor the drip u just need to adjust the valve to what u want, for me my drip is 6sec per drip .the container can be top up 4 liter for water...

l

• SRC Member
bro,u can collect anytime ,to monitor the drip u just need to adjust the valve to what u want, for me my drip is 6sec per drip .the container can be top up 4 liter for water...

l

how can you confirm that the drip will be constant when the water lvl starts to drop??