Aquamedic VS Eheim

Wei

• SRC Member

Hi,

i am currently looking at two pump. A 6500L pump by aquamedic and a 4500L eheim pump. Price is roughly the same except the flow rate is 2000L different. I am quite tempted to get the 6500 one but never use aquamedic pump before. would like to know from those pple using it.

Between these 2 pump, which produce more heat. Which is more quiet & durable. I have long know that eheim is very gd, but is the aquamedic a btter deal. Looking at long term. Thanks.

Wei :)

I am using the Oceanrunner from Aquamart coz I can't afford an Iwaki chemical pump. I was attracted by its price and also its capacity. I was also considering this vs the newest and highest capacity Eheim pu,p... which wasn't in yet.

I am an Eheim believer... good quality stuff. Quiet and reliable. The Oceanrunner, well... if not for its high capacity and price... I would have gotten the Eheim based on the quality itself.... but its capacity is still way lacking.

The Oceanrunner is probably a bit noisier than an Eheim but quieter than an Iwaki external pump.

If you are buying from Aquamart and you see just one unit left, dun get it coz I think the shaft is spoilt and they need to replace it. Best is they are willing to put the unit into water and test. Dun test it dry.... you may break the impeller shaft.

Good luck!

AT

• SRC Member

the biggest pump for eheim is 1060 and it runs on 50Watts, that is if i did not recall wrongly.. :)

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.