wondering why my newly bought starpolyp won't open

legendz1987

hi, i have a problem,

i just bought 2 star polyps from ah beng, it has been 2 days but they just dun open,

does anyone know what is the cause, other corals are perfectly fine, i previous yellow polyp are ok.. what is the reason?

it open fine when it is at the shop.

hope anyone here can tell me what to do.. thanks

did u do a coral dip before putting into the tank ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

Place them in low flow. The star polyps from ah beng have almost no flow at all. They need time to adjust to your tank.

Lighting plays a part too. Don't put them in high lit areas.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member
nope bro, what is a coral dip? how shld i do it? need ur help.. till now both of them still not opening

I'm still newbie, but I think ure star polyps are still getting used to your tank conditions. They are supposed to be v. hardy and good for beginners. Like my toadstool, took almost 1 week to open up, but now it looks great! I've been advised that they normally take 1-2 weeks to open based on your water conditions.

Would advice a FW dip for all corals purchased to get rid of nuisance parasites. Or if kiasu, can get TMPCC. err its known to be rather harsh on corals based on reviews i've read in other forums, so do take note. cheers!