Diameter of piping for sump tank

kschew1498

• SRC Member

Help!

I wish to seek some advise on the recommended diameter of the outgoing and incoming pipe diameter for a sump tank? I will be using a 300gallon/hr overflow box and am constructing the piping now. My overflowing connection is 33mm!

Any advise on the pipe size? :unsure:

• SRC Member

Any particular reason why the grey one? nearly bought the white one just now but U-turn as I was unsure of the size . 1ft for 1$ for 40mm white color pipe, cheap or not huh??

• SRC Member

better for flow control lor... i work on the principle that the overflow would be the same amount that the pump would put into the tank... and a bigger pipe would have less noise than a smaller pipe...

white pipes are mean for drain usage and have no pressure rating... grey ones are pressure rated.. and also remember... use grey pipes... must use grey fittings otherwise it would not fit lor... :P

price wise.. okie loe.. both cost abt the same... if you buy in short length.. price is ard there....