My new Dream tank ?

Harlequinmania

• SRC Supporter

Finally manage to fullfill my dream tank in my new home after years & years. Due to the limitation of space in my old place ,i cant manage to have a bigger tank build but it is definitely much easier to build when the whole place is empty ... :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

tank size ; 15 mm Crystal Glass ( 72" X 24 X 28 " )

Hope to be able to share with you guys here the journey, fun in the setting up of my new marine tank, and maybe some of you guys can pick up some new idea too in your setup or sharing so of those withe me.. :upsidedown:

will try to post more pics when i can..

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

wow 6 feet tank! camping here to look at the wonderful tank. the bigger the tank, the more livestock/corals you can put in! however the con side is that much more electricity will be spent (however i am sure it's worth it seeing your fishes swimming happily)

Camping here for pics!

Hi onizuka,

Thanks for the comment, in fact electrical consumption is the top Priority when i choose my equipment during my new setup, and the last thing you would want is having to decomm your tank when your monthly electrical bill went over your top … I have friends who use to have $ 500.00 a month for their electrical bills, and it is sad that they have to give up the hobby due to this !! :(

I have already seen many reefer having to decomm or downgrade their tank due to this, and since this new setup will be accompany me for many many years to come ,it maybe more to pay a little bit more now, but maybe it is worth getting back the saving in the longer run ?

Hopefully by doing this, it helps to contribute my humble parts in reducing global warming. :P

Wow one of my dream also 6ft tank.... :eyebrow:

but my baby coming soon haiz can only see others tank till eyes drop do update more even for the installing is good to see others set up process also will be fun joining in upz for u :ph34r:

Congrate to you , hope you don't have to give up this hobby like some of my friend did when their baby is born ... :upsidedown:

by the way, i just remember reading from one of the article in one magazine that if you baby is crying non-stop, bringing the baby to the fish tank to see the fish swimming around may actually helps to stop the baby from crying !! lol... :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Tank is already done up by the tank maker in fact.. here is the first overall tank shot..

i like this one.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Supporter
Congrate to you , hope you don't have to give up this hobby like some of my friend did when their baby is born ... :upsidedown:

by the way, i just remember reading from one of the article in one magazine that if you baby is crying non-stop, bringing the baby to the fish tank to see the fish swimming around may actually helps to stop the baby from crying !! lol... :eyebrow:

Bro, this is true!!! This is wat I do now for my 3 months old baby!!! Hehehehe... :)

It WORKS.....

Wah... April fool day came late.. better for me to turn off light and pig pig... just kidding.. looking forward.. :yeah:

lol.. April fool come early this year, manage to take a few shoot of the overall tank shot this morning.. The tank also serve as a partition wall between our living room and dining area, so we can both appreciate the tank while we eat :upsidedown: ...

post-1182-1252466348_thumb.jpg

post-1182-1252466423_thumb.jpg

overflow compartment with two return and two for overflow fitted with union valve to enable easy assemble and disassemble of your piping / tank in future..

Actually, recently that i discover that i did a mistake in have all 4 holes drilled in 50mm :wacko: .. detail which i will explain why later..

post-1182-1252467088_thumb.jpg

post-1182-1252467214_thumb.jpg

is it cause of can't really know which is return and over flow piping

not really, i have drilled my return hole too big , if i will to use 50mm for my return piping, the flow will be too wide and maybe not powerfully enough to circulate the long tank, also imagine having a 50mm pipe in your main tank will look kind of ugly as well.. So i might have to use a reducer to bring the pipe size smaller when i do my piping work.

• SRC Member
not really, i have drilled my return hole too big , if i will to use 50mm for my return piping, the flow will be too wide and maybe not powerfully enough to circulate the long tank, also imagine having a 50mm pipe in your main tank will look kind of ugly as well.. So i might have to use a reducer to bring the pipe size smaller when i do my piping work.

Planning which return pump to use already?? Royal Exclusive Red dragon?? Or Aquabee :eyebrow:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

lol.. April fool come early this year, manage to take a few shoot of the overall tank shot this morning.. The tank also serve as a partition wall between our living room and dining area, so we can view appreciate the tank while we eat :upsidedown: ...

im going to camp here bro! nice! definitely my dream size! updates updates haha :)

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

lol.. April fool come early this year, manage to take a few shoot of the overall tank shot this morning.. The tank also serve as a partition wall between our living room and dining area, so we can view appreciate the tank while we eat :upsidedown: ...

Are those the Oceanus LEDs?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!