Bumble bee snail

escagort

• SRC Member

As long as it is well fed, it won't disturb your inverts... Otherwise it might start feeding on them, they are carnivorous. If you are looking for snails to aerate your sandbed and clear detritus, nassarius snails are better as they are scavengers. There are many other clean up crews I would choose over bumble bee snail coz of their carnivorous nature.

• SRC Member
Carnivorous??? They are scavengers... They are attracted to decaying foods which is the same as nassarius... nassarius dun clear detritus they eat uneaten food...

hmm more info can be found on liveaquaria or other forums too. I think it's unlikely that the info is wrong.

• SRC Member
Bumble Bee

Another Link

But I think they might eat zoas...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...&pcatid=565

Its really subjective... some ppl had no problems with their bumblebees, others had experiences eating snails, zoas etc. For me, I just stay clear to give myself more peace of mind. 'Have not eaten" does not equate to "will not eat in future". :D

• SRC Member

guys just a quick question.. my true perc mysteriously disappeared yesterday and i can't find it :( The body may be inside the rocks but theres no reason for it to die cos it was healthy all along..checked the overflow and its not there also.

Is there a possibility of my nassarius finishing it up IF it died?

Many thanks :)

ORDed

back to studies and reefing again..

• Senior Reefer

guys just a quick question.. my true perc mysteriously disappeared yesterday and i can't find it :( The body may be inside the rocks but theres no reason for it to die cos it was healthy all along..checked the overflow and its not there also.

Is there a possibility of my nassarius finishing it up IF it died?

Many thanks :)

if it died in the liverocks, nassarius snail may go and find it. depending on how deep and how high. they usually scower the sand bed. however i have seen mine crawl up glass. but never on rocks.

• SRC Member

If it's dead or almost dead, nassarius will definitely come hunting for it... my nassarius climbed up to my top rock before! Although they seldom do that la...

how many nassarius do you have? I think if you can't see any of them especially during feeding time, high chance they have another source of 'food' inside the rocks.