My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

Mr Clean looks like a fag and never knew there were things like scratch removers lol!

Any special things in the interior of the cabinet?

Let you know about Mr Clean in 3 weeks. The thing with acrylics is that you can use normal cloth to wipe. It will cause scratches over time.

Seems like Mr Clean is the only sponge that cleans with good review from reefers in US.

As for scratch removers, Novus does a pretty good job with light scratches.

I will try and post a demo later. Ian from I-aquatic recommended these for his acrylics too.

for my cabinet, no nothing special inside. Just a simple 1.5 ft nano. No complicated stuff.

using it just to house my chiller and electricals basically. maybe find a way to house the ato tank.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

nah, im talking about the acrylic tank. would really love to work with tank with such nice clarity.

yeah I really love the clarity. The ADA glass tanks also has nice clarity but the glass is a little thin.

some of the nano cubes has a very high refractive index even when viewed from the front.

I got giddy looking at it for just 5 mins and I do not like the curve corners.. everything inside seems distorted when viewed from an angle.

Of course acrylic has huge problem with scratches. lets see how it goes after a month or two.

I am a clumsy person :(

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Need a super duper quick answer. (i am a nooby with MH)

How high should my MH be from the water surface.

Tank is 1.5 ft deep.

Mh = 150W 20k bulb.

About to drill hole in 10 mins :P

Trying to calculate the lowest point so that my MH power cable can follow the hanging line to the bracket to along the wall so that it will look neater instead of cutting across to the back to the wall.

hmm.... let me make some allowance. I think i will set it 8 inch from surface and 8 inch from bracket.

that shld be good.

got a 2nd 150W Giesemann Nova MH.

hmmm dun realy like the colour but it was at a knock down price which i cannot resist.

The hanging kit is rusty and so are some of the screws. :pinch:

The new hanging kit :lol:

decided to change the colour of the MH chassis.

From this....

TO this .....

Currently waiting for paint to dry.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay... Tunze Reefpack is finally here and should be delivered tomorrow.

Finally after > 1 month of waiting......

Meanwhile, I managed to dig out some of my old tanks shots.

Great job on giving the Giesemann a facelift bro! Looks great. Finally the fun starts! :) I assume the rocks are going in this weekend?

Wish you and your back all the best! :lol: If you need deep heat, I have an extra tube lying ard. heh

Ummm Thanks bro. Think I need the deep heat now. Backache already.

Anyway the story with the MH is somehow the paint never quite dry even after going under the sun for 3 days!

maybe it is the nature of heat resistant paint. Hard to dry. there were already several thumbprints on it and I was decided to strip all the paint and respray using another type of heat resistant spray. Barely started, my wife walked passed and said... haiz, so troublesome for what, get a new one lah..... :eyebrow: so that's how I ended up with a new Nova. :))

• SRC Member
Ummm Thanks bro. Think I need the deep heat now. Backache already.

Anyway the story with the MH is somehow the paint never quite dry even after going under the sun for 3 days!

maybe it is the nature of heat resistant paint. Hard to dry. there were already several thumbprints on it and I was decided to strip all the paint and respray using another type of heat resistant spray. Barely started, my wife walked passed and said... haiz, so troublesome for what, get a new one lah..... :eyebrow: so that's how I ended up with a new Nova. :))

lol does finance minister know about the price of your purchases so far? :eyebrow: I understand many reefers will fail an audit check if there ever is one.

lol nope... it is be kept a secret till I step into the grave. Else I ... will be in the grave much much earlier... wahahahaha

• SRC Member
lol nope... it is be kept a secret till I step into the grave. Else I ... will be in the grave much much earlier... wahahahaha

haha woe on the reefer whose wife is an auditor then! okie... i'm gonna turn in for the night bro.

Keep us updated with your progress pics over the weekend! Looking forward to it.

• SRC Member

so now we have something to blackmail you with lol

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

so now we have something to blackmail you with lol

Wah .... I thought of opening my house as a gathering point for west reefers.... hmmmm now how to rethink...... lol

powering up ceremony..... wow very blue....

Blackie (my hamster) is curious about the lights too. Can you spot him?

: ) NICE!!!!! :eyebrow:

:thanks: The only problem I have now is that the glare is hitting straight at my girls eyes when she looks up.

Will see how's the situation when the tank is filled up. If it is hurting her eyes, then I would need to build a hood to block out the light.

Cannot have open tank anymore :(