Help on getting regal to eat. thanks!

Yes! I went there to get an emperor actually but when i saw the colouration of this piece, i just had to get it. :)

lets hope he starts eating soon. Gd Luck!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

lets hope he starts eating soon. Gd Luck!

thanks! i drove all the way to henry just now to get henry's gourmet. according to henry, most will not resist this and will feed. however, learnt something new frm him, large specimens may sometimes be stubborn and refuse to feed, so best according to him is buy smaller specimens. will try out the food first thing at office tom.

newly arrived regals are finicky eaters.

best if you don't buy them on impulse but observe them feeding them at the LFS first before flashing the notes.

if all processed food fails, your best option would be to use fresh clams, market prawns and lala. Angels and butterfly fishes simply loves them. I have no trouble getting most to start feeding.

thanks for your good advice bro.

You can try what i did, used plastic mesh (See pic) to house the angel and just patiently feed brine, mysis and pellets. It will take some time, not instant and if the regal sees other fishes eat it will eat too.

unfortunately i dun have the space to put the mesh thingy in. I already got the largest plastic cage ah beng has to house/isolate the regal. hope to be able to get it to feed and release it in a couple of days. v poorthing leh, stuck in that confined space

• SRC Member

Bro, last attempt if it does not eat...

Try clam in half shell..... good luck!!

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• 2 weeks later...

Any update? is the regal angel feeding now? =)

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Any update? is the regal angel feeding now? =)

I have already released it into the tank since last thurs b4 I went for my reservist. Still have not seen it eat but it seems to be more active swimming around the tank. Was hopong it would find something to eat among the LR. My blueface went through the same process. It refused any food initially but went on pecking ard the LR. Now, 3 weeks later, it openly takes in the pellets i drop in. Keeping my fingers crossed for the regal. One good thing is that at least, there's no bullying among the 3 residents.

I have already released it into the tank since last thurs b4 I went for my reservist. Still have not seen it eat but it seems to be more active swimming around the tank. Was hopong it would find something to eat among the LR. My blueface went through the same process. It refused any food initially but went on pecking ard the LR. Now, 3 weeks later, it openly takes in the pellets i drop in. Keeping my fingers crossed for the regal. One good thing is that at least, there's no bullying among the 3 residents.

I see, hopefully the regal start feeding. Goodluck. =)

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• 1 month later...
Dear all,

I just bought a yellow belly regal from ah beng yesterday. currently the fish is in the QT and i have since thrown in sea veggies and pellets. But it's seems it's not interested in them. Any advise on how to whet it's appitite? I know regals are fuss feeders and really like this fish and hope it wun die on me.

Currently running a 2 ft cube and bare bottom and LR only. The other 2 fish in the tank were introduced last week. A YT and a bluefaced angel. All 3 fish are approx 4 inches. Not planning to introduce any more.

regsl.jpg

regal1.jpg

regal2.jpg

is the blueface angel hard to keep?is it aggesive or does it hide among the rocks??

Someday i will dare to put my tanks specification here and u will envy it.PLEASE GIVE ME HIGHER RATING=)my tank