MaxSpect Aquarium LED Lighting

comycus

lol 10 tubes? I would pay abit more and go for the LEDs then... makes alot of sense

hmmm how much it cost to change 10 tubes?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Hmmm... I'm not sure if its just me, but I felt that my 4 tubes T5s seem brighter. Of course, the PAR values speak for itself, and its kinda unfair as I'm comparing my indoor tank vs an outdoor one with my eyes. I was told that the fans only kick in when it gets hot, so if your environment is pretty cool already (mine's in the office with AC :P ), noise from the fans shouldn't be a major issue. Sounds like regular PC fans to me.

lol dunno why I feel the opposite. LEDs look brighter than my T5s. Maybe it is because of the shimmer effect what makes you think it looks dimmer? Which fans are you referring to? If I recall correctly, when I was at Jacky's place earlier, the fans kicked in immediately after the lights were switched on.

• SRC Member

It wasn't really a fair comparison to start with, just my personal opinion. I'd love to see how it looks indoors. I was told by a guy at Iwarna that the fans kick in only when it gets hot. Perhaps Jacky can confirm if its in the manual?

• SRC Member
It wasn't really a fair comparison to start with, just my personal opinion. I'd love to see how it looks indoors. I was told by a guy at Iwarna that the fans kick in only when it gets hot. Perhaps Jacky can confirm if its in the manual?

hahaa I must say though... the chinese need to work on their 'manual'.

btw... I believe Jacky should be the first in sg, if not the first few in the world to own this LED piece!

*stares at my avatar*

Wah... you can vomit blood when you read the manual.

direct translation from chinese.

The fan switch on immediately when you turn on the lights.

You can set the timer for blue and white light separately.

If the hear sink temp reaches 60 deg cel, a warning tone will sound.

at 70 deg cel, the led driver power will be cut off.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

hahaa I must say though... the chinese need to work on their 'manual'.

btw... I believe Jacky should be the first in sg, if not the first few in the world to own this LED piece!

*stares at my avatar*

too bad no corals to verify the effectiveness of the LED.

Hmmm... I'm not sure if its just me, but I felt that my 4 tubes T5s seem brighter. Of course, the PAR values speak for itself, and its kinda unfair as I'm comparing my indoor tank vs an outdoor one with my eyes. I was told that the fans only kick in when it gets hot, so if your environment is pretty cool already (mine's in the office with AC :P ), noise from the fans shouldn't be a major issue. Sounds like regular PC fans to me.

The fans are loud really.

Hmmm It get s over masked by my dinning area standing fan but if I switch my standing fan off, I can hear the fans like 10 feet away.

• SRC Member
The fans are loud really.

Hmmm It get s over masked by my dinning area standing fan but if I switch my standing fan off, I can hear the fans like 10 feet away.

Jacky being the perfectionist la... haha

Coz you don't have overflow, no noise at all. For those with overflows, it will drown out the fans...

Jacky being the perfectionist la... haha

Coz you don't have overflow, no noise at all. For those with overflows, it will drown out the fans...

Yah. my tank is pretty quiet. can only hear the tunze 9002 skimmer bubbling......

I recall Sherman's DIY LED is as noisy when you climb over his canopy.

• SRC Member
Wah... you can vomit blood when you read the manual.

direct translation from chinese.

The fan switch on immediately when you turn on the lights.

You can set the timer for blue and white light separately.

If the hear sink temp reaches 60 deg cel, a warning tone will sound.

at 70 deg cel, the led driver power will be cut off.

Hmmm... is there any way to disable the fans or at least control them? Noise would be a problem for me as mine is an office tank.

• SRC Member
Hmmm... is there any way to disable the fans or at least control them? Noise would be a problem for me as mine is an office tank.

The fan is to cool the heat generated from LEDs. If you don't cool them and your LEDs overheat, its lifespan will shorten tremendously. Might even blow within weeks in severe cases if I'm now mistaken.

since it is air con environment, you can remove the plastic cover, and position the fan so that it is not so noisy.

I believe it is partially due to the enclosure that cause the noise to resonate.

If you open it and maybe get an another fan to cool the heatsink, there will not be so much noise.

I have already written to MaxSpect to ask how we can lower the noise generated by the fan.

• SRC Member
since it is air con environment, you can remove the plastic cover, and position the fan so that it is not so noisy.

I believe it is partially due to the enclosure that cause the noise to resonate.

If you open it and maybe get an another fan to cool the heatsink, there will not be so much noise.

I have already written to MaxSpect to ask how we can lower the noise generated by the fan.

That's great! Keep us updated!

• SRC Member
Its ok.Because never see something so low before from most of the leds I had being using to date.

So sori if you feel you are being bombarded.

But I think info share need to be correct right?

bombarded, nah. yes of course, as i know he said 20k is considered acceptable depending on certain conditions that the maintenance reaches that level. but i did hear from him saying most claim 40-50k :rolleyes:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

That's great! Keep us updated!

these guys are awesome. Here's their response regarding the fans:

"Normally, the fans in the lamp should not produce such a noise, it must be something blocking the fans from inside. You could open the cover (by take out the screws) and check out what’s the problem.

But anyway, the lamp you got must be the old version, we have changed all the fans to a better and more quite model. Please give us your address, we will send you the new fans for free, so that you can change them.

Sorry about it."

2 THUMBS UP. Someone was asking about after sales service??? lol

• SRC Member
hmmm how much it cost to change 10 tubes?

ATI 10 tubes shld be 1.5k or 1.8k..

Its good to know that the LED have good After sales service. :)

its definitely to use clip on then hang from the ceiling.

Gurus here.. let say i want to use the clip on LED, my tank is 3.5ft length need 2 LED do i need to have a EOS. LEt is 18 inch wide @ the back of my tank. Or shlld i just stick with a 12 inch EOS. :)

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
FTS which doesn't do justice to how bright this thing actually is. I have to agree with Jacky, the Iphone camera... not tt fantastic. <_< If you look at the light distribution, the sides are alittle dark. This is a 3ft tank, so like I mentioned earlier, prob would perform best at 2ft and smaller tanks.

post-16489-1257662213_thumb.jpg

This is expected especially when lens are used. From the pix, It seems like u need 2 units to cover the full length.

JC

• SRC Member
these guys are awesome. Here's their response regarding the fans:

"Normally, the fans in the lamp should not produce such a noise, it must be something blocking the fans from inside. You could open the cover (by take out the screws) and check out what⦣8364;™s the problem.

But anyway, the lamp you got must be the old version, we have changed all the fans to a better and more quite model. Please give us your address, we will send you the new fans for free, so that you can change them.

Sorry about it."

2 THUMBS UP. Someone was asking about after sales service??? lol

I think there is something stuck or pressing down @ the blades. this is a common problem faced by ATI user too. Just pull the ATI longer away from fan and it will be quiet. This may work for your LED too...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

I think there is something stuck or pressing down @ the blades. this is a common problem faced by ATI user too. Just pull the ATI longer away from fan and it will be quiet. This may work for your LED too...

hmm those are blower sounds. not blade being pressed against.

Anyway I receive an email from MaxSpect that they have sent out the fan. should receive in 3 days time.

keep u guys posted.