Zorden Shallow tank

zorden

• SRC Member
better to put i guess.

Anyway the front is removable right? easier when u need to do maintenance.

:) no joke no fun right ? kekeke

well my cabinet has 3 doors. Two at the centre and one @ the left. Well if i add the front supporting beam, it will not be removable as the carpenter will use some bracket to tie it up. my concern is support area. Well i love to have amble space for my sump, CR, Skimmer and many others. Well i have to say that the cabinet provide me lots of room to place my equipment. However i may need a stool to provide me the right height from me to look at the coral from top. OFcoz i can tip toe but i will definitely need a stool when placing my coral and doing some maintenance.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
PM Mr XXX for one lor... :eyebrow:

no need lah , you never see the way he write his FR oophs i mean review on the cabinet

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member
no need lah , you never see the way he write his FR oophs i mean review on the cabinet

I very innocent one leh... :upsidedown:

FR = Fluidised Reactor??? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

wahahaaha interesting style of reviewing

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Member
I very innocent one leh... :upsidedown:

FR = Fluidised Reactor??? :eyebrow:

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Member

Don flame me lah..

For guys interested to get Chew to do the work, please prepare your own CD. don take unnecessary risk. Well a simple CD will do.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

Guys.. the carpenter say he can only add the supporting wood before the tank is in as he don want this knocking and such to crack the tank. I did measured the behind board its like 6-8 cm. and its solid wood.

Ok now the question is. what is a good size of the sump for my tank which is 3.5x2.5x1.5. Well ofcoz big is good but i really don want an oversize sump and i will be using orc 6500 and ehiem 1262 -1264 thus don want the high flow to create lots of mcro bubbles thus i need lots of buffer plates.

• SRC Member
Ok now the question is. what is a good size of the sump for my tank which is 3.5x2.5x1.5. Well ofcoz big is good but i really don want an oversize sump and i will be using orc 6500 and ehiem 1262 -1264 thus don want the high flow to create lots of mcro bubbles thus i need lots of buffer plates.

you keeping sps lei.. will want at least 20x turnover...

• SRC Member

I have a side door with is around 2ft + wide and thus can allow the sump tank to enter through the side door. However the side door will not be accessible in the future when the main tank with h20 is in as t will be placed close wall. Well the door is extra if i want to recycle the cabnet.

PArdon my bad desciption above, so if in the future there is a need to take out the sump tank, it will be a extremely tedious process which is to drain the h20 and its not advisable to shift a cabinet fill with water as it will definitely affect it structural integrity.

• SRC Member
I have a side door with is around 2ft + wide and thus can allow the sump tank to enter through the side door. However the side door will not be accessible in the future when the main tank with h20 is in as t will be placed close wall. Well the door is extra if i want to recycle the cabnet.

PArdon my bad desciption above, so if in the future there is a need to take out the sump tank, it will be a extremely tedious process which is to drain the h20 and its not advisable to shift a cabinet fill with water as it will definitely affect it structural integrity.

Is that a limitation bro? I believe most sumps are like tt... The only tank build tt can take out sump with all the contents is the one Ed showed us with the roll out concept.

• SRC Member
you keeping sps lei.. will want at least 20x turnover...

actually i think ocr 6500 will give me around 13-15 times of turnover. Is this suffcient. i believe for sps the turn over is 10-20 times. Please correct me if i am wrong. Well ofcoz big sump is good but big sump may mean IF sump leak. i have to cut the silicon of the sump tank and take out pieces of the glass instead of 1 whole sump is the middle WOOD structure is in.

Now the question is to my risk appetitie. Carpenter did assured me that it will not happen as he even do a 422 without middle support as it reinforce the top board with quite a few boond running horizontal across and my top is at leeast 2 inches thick.

But ofcoz he is fine with adding a wood structure. Well i never indicate a centre support in my CD. Well as for future user, you can get Mr Chew to do it but i know of one reefer who did a 422 without a centre supporting beam and his still ok. But for peace of mine . I guess for better assurance, its better for me to add a wooden structure in the middle so i can sleep soundly.

• SRC Member
Is that a limitation bro? I believe most sumps are like tt... The only tank build tt can take out sump with all the contents is the one Ed showed us with the roll out concept.

I don understand your statement? What most sump s like that? Do u mean most sumps will be hard to remove once the middle structure is IN? Well i am not going to do the roll out concept. For roll out concept. i need to source for my own industrial grade (stainless steel) rollers thus i guess i am not going to take my sump out often. I will just give myself lots of HEAD room and maintain my sump from there. Well a properly setup sump should not have much maintenance, my is just purely sump. no refugium. As for FR. it should be external. However the zeovit reactor should be insump

• SRC Member
actually i think ocr 6500 will give me around 13-15 times of turnover. Is this suffcient. i believe for sps the turn over is 10-20 times. Please correct me if i am wrong. Well ofcoz big sump is good but big sump may mean IF sump leak. i have to cut the silicon of the sump tank and take out pieces of the glass instead of 1 whole sump is the middle WOOD structure is in.

Now the question is to my risk appetitie. Carpenter did assured me that it will not happen as he even do a 422 without middle support as it reinforce the top board with quite a few boond running horizontal across and my top is at leeast 2 inches thick.

But ofcoz he is fine with adding a wood structure. Well i never indicate a centre support in my CD. Well as for future user, you can get Mr Chew to do it but i know of one reefer who did a 422 without a centre supporting beam and his still ok. But for peace of mine . I guess for better assurance, its better for me to add a wooden structure in the middle so i can sleep soundly.

lol bro you worry too much. :lol:

You're building new set up, why will sump leak? If you follow tt train of thought, then main tank also can leak, then might as well don't keep tank le. Many bros here have sump and center support. No issues. If you keep building fail-safe to buffer against fail-safe to buffer against fail-safe..... hahaa not feasible la.

SPS better keep 20x le... you want to keep it as clean as possible. Since you are more the worried kind, then why wanna risk a lower turnover for the sake of a few baffles?

• SRC Member
I don understand your statement? What most sump s like that? Do u mean most sumps will be hard to remove once the middle structure is IN?

bro, once your main tank filed with water, lr, sand and all, the middle structure cannot be taken out already. How do you remove something from under half a ton of weight?

The center support is not hanging in the air you know...

• SRC Member
lol bro you worry too much. :lol:

You're building new set up, why will sump leak? If you follow tt train of thought, then main tank also can leak, then might as well don't keep tank le. Many bros here have sump and center support. No issues. If you keep building fail-safe to buffer against fail-safe to buffer against fail-safe..... hahaa not feasible la.

SPS better keep 20x le... you want to keep it as clean as possible. Since you are more the worried kind, then why wanna risk a lower turnover for the sake of a few baffles?

nah bei.. more worry kind. LOL.. the rite one is Prudent. :P

well thanks.. i will just get the sump in from side then shift the cabinet back to it permanent position then main tank in. Wohoo things should be done.

20times. well that means i might need to use 0cr6500 and ehiem 1264 together.. WOW....

• SRC Member
nah bei.. more worry kind. LOL.. the rite one is Prudent. :P

well thanks.. i will just get the sump in from side then shift the cabinet back to it permanent position then main tank in. Wohoo things should be done.

20times. well that means i might need to use 0cr6500 and ehiem 1264 together.. WOW....

hehe :paiseh:

Anyway the turnover thing hope other bros reply too, coz me not sps keeper, might be wrong.

• SRC Member
hehe :paiseh:

Anyway the turnover thing hope other bros reply too, coz me not sps keeper, might be wrong.

Actually for SPS, 20X is the MIN. But the 20X min doesn't refer to the tank turnover. It refers to the water movement in the tank itself.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Actually for SPS, 20X is the MIN. But the 20X min doesn't refer to the tank turnover. It refers to the water movement in the tank itself.

actually for me, i follow the school of thought that the turnover rates DOES refer to the return pump.. and not the wavemakers in the tank itself.. wavemakers does not contribute to turnover rates as it just circulates the internal tank water.. a good strong return pump is necessary for SPSs, as it ensures cleaner water is constantly being channelled to the tank itself..

i'm using a 1262 for my 2feet cube, minus-ing away headloss, turnover rate for my SPS tank is over 20 times..

its just my 2 cents worth, of course many other reefers have experiences otherwise that can prove successful too.. :) SPS requires a combination of alot of factors as well! cheers!

• SRC Member
actually for me, i follow the school of thought that the turnover rates DOES refer to the return pump.. and not the wavemakers in the tank itself.. wavemakers does not contribute to turnover rates as it just circulates the internal tank water.. a good strong return pump is necessary for SPSs, as it ensures cleaner water is constantly being channelled to the tank itself..

i'm using a 1262 for my 2feet cube, minus-ing away headloss, turnover rate for my SPS tank is over 20 times..

its just my 2 cents worth, of course many other reefers have experiences otherwise that can prove successful too.. :) SPS requires a combination of alot of factors as well! cheers!

ok so one ocr6500 good enuff + 1262 good enuff or 0cr6500 + 1264

or two 0cr6500. but achilles tank only got one ocr6500 but alot of wavemaker

well mine is a rimless tank so no washing machine type..of wave for me.

well i got quite a few wavemaker..

maybe try out 6500 + 1262 then if need, then will upgrade to higher. ... hmmm

• SRC Member
Tank size is 42x30x18 and its a 98.18 US gallon which is 371.61 Litres of water. (exclude Sump and LR)

Ocean runner 6500 is 1700 gph or 6500 litres. thus 6500/371.61 = 17.4914 times. After factoring head loss the pump should give around 5000L per hour thus the return per hr = 5000/371.61 = 13.45 times.

info from ocr 6500 pump specs

is my above computation correct?

Then Required feeding pump for my H&S A200-2x2001 is 2000 Litres. Can i use gravitational feed for it? i want to go green..

1262 is its like 900g per hour.

it should be around 3400 without head loss. then after headloss should be 2800L (i anyhow estimate de)

then 6500 + 2800 / 371.61 will have around 25 times.

• SRC Member

Many zeovit users @ zeovit forum actually want to use the return to reach 20times.. well i did factor in this but just don want to see bubbles @ my tank. my tank will be having 50mm for water from main to sump and return wll be 25 and 32.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Tank will be coming in tomorrow.

Ok here some of the potential LR i will be using after cooking it and got myself a few kgs of crushed coral from c328. Thanks Red devil for the lobang for the coral chips

post-1523-1261152539_thumb.jpg

post-1523-1261152522_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
sketch it plan

post-1523-1261151766_thumb.jpg

actual

post-1523-1261151667_thumb.jpg

My canopy is up. somehow it look bigger then my design.

The hood is not done to my liking and there seems to be a lost in translation when i mentioned pulley for the hood, well my carpenter got me a diff type of mechanism for hanging my canopy.

post-1523-1259069530_thumb.jpg

Well at least he add two piece of wood for support

post-1523-1261153531_thumb.jpg