Craftsman's 150 gallon/567 litre Tank (4ftx2ftx2.5ft)

craftsman

• SRC Member
so confession time.... how many livestock did you get??

We want the truth and nothing but the truth ... hehe

Should be less than you... :eyebrow:

More interested in how many corals he got... :rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be less than you... :eyebrow:

More interested in how many corals he got... :rolleyes:

Well I bought 4 and they are all doing well :)

Hope you dun kill the 3 of them.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

The three of them are also doing very well in my tank now... :P

Hmmm...I thought one died already??? :D

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

The three of them are also doing very well in my tank now... :P

Hmmm...I thought one died already??? :D

yah high fin goby ..... that one is second batch......

actually I think those mini fishes are more difficult to keep.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
yah high fin goby ..... that one is second batch......

actually I think those mini fishes are more difficult to keep.

Smaller fishes are more difficult to feed compared to larger ones. What are you feeding your fishes with now? Pallets or frozen? Eh...U want to collect the henrys tomorrow or thurs afternoon?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

lol we always OT other ppl's thread.... paiseh paiseh.

The G goby dun need to be fed.

They scavenge for food among the live rocks.

My purple goby, I fed pellets.

Nothing else to feed in my tank already lol.

You going to CF or JM later this week when their shipment is in?

so confession time.... how many livestock did you get??

We want the truth and nothing but the truth ... hehe

Ha ha ha... I have a pair of firefishes, some Zoos, a plate, a prata, a fungia and a hammer coral. CUC: 2 Cleaner shrimps, 3 camel shrimp, 6 turbo snails, 5 brittle stars, 1 orange starfish, 1 abalone. :paiseh:

Now have one more pair of gobies.

Also some mysis shrimps and a flower crab in the fuge..... :upsidedown:

Ammonia, Nitrite are still 0. Nitrate at 2.5 ppm.

thats fast? how long u cycle?

ur skimmer pulling out alot of dirt means ur tank is still quite dirty even with min or no fishes/corals/livestock.

perhaps u shld hang on alittle further :)

Started from Oct 28. Close to 1 month leow. Have been dosing bacteria religiously....

Ha ha ha... I have a pair of firefishes, some Zoos, a plate, a prata, a fungia and a hammer coral. CUC: 2 Cleaner shrimps, 3 camel shrimp, 6 turbo snails, 5 brittle stars, 1 orange starfish, 1 abalone. :paiseh:

Now have one more pair of gobies.

Also some mysis shrimps and a flower crab in the fuge..... :upsidedown:

Ammonia, Nitrite are still 0. Nitrate at 2.5 ppm.

nice :)

you forgot your sand dollar?

• SRC Member

looking at his skim-mate. i will stop adding fishes into the tank. a new tank is very unstable as the bacterial may not be establish well enuff to handle the massive increase of livestock

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

looking at his skim-mate. i will stop adding fishes into the tank. a new tank is very unstable as the bacterial may not be establish well enuff to handle the massive increase of livestock

Zorden, no more intention to add fishes until the 2nd or 3rd month. I know the tank isn't stable yet. I have some fishes left with Henry for that expressed purpose.

:rolleyes:

Now to concentrate on my upcoming Hong Kong business trip..... to Goldfish Street! :eyebrow:

hhmmm.... what shall I get.....?

Anyone know what is worth looking out for?

Hi Craft,

This r the Shop located accordingly in GoldFish Street

1.Great Barrier Reef-Brands like Seachem & Kent Marine,as for Skimmer like H&S & Schuran & lots of lots of,also life stocks too (Fish & Coral)an old lady is the boss(Chew Tai).

2.Aqua World-Grotech, Tropic Marin & Coralife UV,as for Skimmer Royal Exclusiv.(Can't recall the Boss name)

3.Yat Wong-Very popular in life stocks (only fishes) Location is in the center part

4.After Yat Wong there is a shop (forget the shop name but the boss name is Alex which is Yat Wong's Brother)carry Deltec & Vortech & many many Brands also.

Brands like Aqua Medic,AquaBee,Eheim is everywhere over there,while Giesemann there only 1 shop carry(Top Gun boss name Penny)

Tentatively juz this few infos can't think much coz quite late,will let you know more today afternoon.

Rgds,

Daryl :)

• SRC Supporter

buying livestock back is the risk of getting dead/caught situation.

getting equipments back will face sparepart problem if u need it urgently.

thinking back,if its worth it people would have share $ and orders to bring in eqpts from hk rather then on coral or get locally.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

thinking back,if its worth it people would have share $ and orders to bring in eqpts from hk rather then on coral or get locally.

And bringing back bulky equipment is too troublesome. And even if you can get the same equipment back here, agents will not be willing to service as they only service local sets.

btw bro your skimmate super milo gao... how come your rocks so dirty ah? Are your test kits new or old? got check expiry date? paiseh, just being thorough here just in case.

Hi Craft,

This r the Shop located accordingly in GoldFish Street

1.Great Barrier Reef-Brands like Seachem & Kent Marine,as for Skimmer like H&S & Schuran & lots of lots of,also life stocks too (Fish & Coral)an old lady is the boss(Chew Tai).

2.Aqua World-Grotech, Tropic Marin & Coralife UV,as for Skimmer Royal Exclusiv.(Can't recall the Boss name)

3.Yat Wong-Very popular in life stocks (only fishes) Location is in the center part

4.After Yat Wong there is a shop (forget the shop name but the boss name is Alex which is Yat Wong's Brother)carry Deltec & Vortech & many many Brands also.

Brands like Aqua Medic,AquaBee,Eheim is everywhere over there,while Giesemann there only 1 shop carry(Top Gun boss name Penny)

Tentatively juz this few infos can't think much coz quite late,will let you know more today afternoon.

Rgds,

Daryl :)

Thanks Daryl.... :rolleyes: wah.. no need so detailed lah.. I will just go look see look see... ha ha ha ha

And bringing back bulky equipment is too troublesome. And even if you can get the same equipment back here, agents will not be willing to service as they only service local sets.

btw bro your skimmate super milo gao... how come your rocks so dirty ah? Are your test kits new or old? got check expiry date? paiseh, just being thorough here just in case.

Very true, guys..... :rolleyes: I'll really be just looking around to look see, look see..... Certainly will not be bring back live stock. Bulky equipment would also be difficult lah.... I'm really going for work, so will only have some nights off to go take a look.. maybe buy back some fish food, etc..

Bro, rocks are dirty cos I realised the sun has moved quite a bit, and now the tank actually gets some direct sun. <_< . So, the rocks have some algae. But, the skim mate is reducing leow. Also, the Turbo snails are really doing their job. Last night, I came back to really white rocks... they are simple amazing! :bow:

Test Kits are all Saliferts. All brand new. more than 1 more year to expiry. Accurate. Cross confirmed with Sera test kits....