Stew's 5.5 Gallon pico

stewpid

Think i decided to go with a triangular formation...not that i have many choices though!ahah!I am deciding between 2...

This 1 is compact together...

DSCF1040.jpg

This 1 has a space in the center to allow me to add another white LED just in case...(but i am afraid the color won't blend well)

DSCF1043.jpg

Any advice?

argh...sorry i forgot to resize

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

woohooooooo!

So what is that combo? 2 blue 1 white on each set?

AHHA!Yea went with 2 blue 1 white 1st and test color...if too blue then jus disconnect!

Just put it over the tank a few minutes ago kinda like the purplish color...haha...mabbe cos 1st time seeing it!AHHA

WAH solid! really nice. will it be tooo bright for LPS?

HAHAH!I really don't know but to the naked eye it is super bright...Looking at it gave me a headache!think i will have to position it slightly higher jus in case!

oh my god, u got me excited~ pls impart some skills and materials needed~

Hey tiffanydunk will post up the DIY when i have the time!as for materials check the previous posted pic..i think most equipment are there le...

wow.nice DIY! after u mount on sure will look great on yr tank if by any chance u will do some and sell off do let me know ..lolz

Hahah!Do and sell off maybe not ba...but will try to put some step by step in the DIY forum:)

what's the 2 sticks of things i saw on the pic? thermal paste?

Hey...those are thermal epoxy(NOT thermal paste)I used them as i dun have a drill.so i cant drill my heat sink i need to stick them onto the heatsink so i used thermal epoxy...You cant get them in SG i think...i got mine from ebay

this is sick,u better take a shot with the led shining into ur tank ;)

HAHAH!I still don't have a way to mount them!LOL!waiting to get my acrylic dimensions up :rolleyes:

Pls take into consideration the weight of the 2 heat sink you have.

Other alternatives are

1) If you can create a hang model - that might be safer.

Use the Acrylic to build a "wrap" wrong the lights.

2) Use the acrylic to build a canopy for the tank.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

91litres:OK!i think there should be enough room for rocks/equipment...

jacky:Yea will ask the advice from the people at DAMA on the weight issue..

I thought of the hang model/canopy also initially but i wanted to have a way to hide the hoses and wires without using OYAMA paper..(LOL..just me and my crave for aesthethics!)If my design not approved by DAMA advisors then i might change to the hanging type i guess...Thanks for your help!

Beats me...I was shock too when i saw my test kit turn from yellow to dark green...zzzz!But i think it is due to the massive die-offs of the bristle-worms and pods....

But a wierd thing was the 2 crabs i saw in the tank died as well!!!I tot crabs are quite hardy...or maybe the 8ppm ammonia was too much to handle...

Looks like my cycling is gonna be a lonnnng one...do you guys suggest bacteria dosing?Any specific brand?

Beats me...I was shock too when i saw my test kit turn from yellow to dark green...zzzz!But i think it is due to the massive die-offs of the bristle-worms and pods....

But a wierd thing was the 2 crabs i saw in the tank died as well!!!I tot crabs are quite hardy...or maybe the 8ppm ammonia was too much to handle...

Looks like my cycling is gonna be a lonnnng one...do you guys suggest bacteria dosing?Any specific brand?

don't dose. just wait.

Or you can get some live sand from reefers here.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• Senior Reefer

inverts have poor tolerance to high levels of NO3 and copper. if NO3 already cannot tahan, what about ammonia? hahaha

i thoughtfosing bac during cycling helps build the bio system?

I can only recall reading not dosing somewhere.

Just let nature takes its course and build up the bacteria.

Pls feel free to correct me if I am wrong.