• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

tank is in quite a bad state now..

some colony of zoas are refusing to open to their former glory..

having headache with cyano and diatoms, but after dosing coralsnow and wet skimming.. looks like its subsiding.

have the wackiest idea of rescaping and taking out my sandbed..

ideas ideas...

• SRC Member

I have removed part of my sandbed while rescaping a few months ago. I use a few large pail and a trolley plus a pump and some length of hose, some are attached to the pump while the other is used to siphon the tank water and sand. Took me 2 weeks to remove half of my sandbed in my 4ft tank and a pail of salt mix.

• SRC Member

I have removed part of my sandbed while rescaping a few months ago. I use a few large pail and a trolley plus a pump and some length of hose, some are attached to the pump while the other is used to siphon the tank water and sand. Took me 2 weeks to remove half of my sandbed in my 4ft tank and a pail of salt mix.

you must have waited really long..

so is your tank fully barebottom now?

:)

im still contemplating..

• SRC Member

you must have waited really long..

so is your tank fully barebottom now?

:)

im still contemplating..

Nope but I have not been using any live rock for quite a while, a year, maybe more. 100 percent using GO fake live rock and removing half or 1 side of the sand was to accommodate a large piece of GO fake live rock that could stick out of the water if I didn't remove the sand.

My procedure was to use 3 large pail, 2 were to be use to make new salt mix while the third was placed on the trolley to be used to collect the siphoned water and sand mixture. And I took some time, 24hr actually, to mix the salt mix before adding it to the tank. That's why it took me 2 weeks to clear half of a 4ft tank. It went like this, 1 day to mix 2 pail of new salt mix. The next day, I siphon out 2 pail of the tank water and sand and add the 2 pail of new salt mix. Wait for a day to let another batch of salt mix fully and repeat the process again.