Electric shock in fish tank

Check lightings as well, most lightnings are not earth and somehow the lighting casing got wet and you got the shock. your breaker suppose to trip if there is a leakage current, if not means your breaker is not sensitive enough. Its best to find out which equipment is having leakage current and earth it.

• SRC Member

i got shock too and use test-pen to test and it light up bright. Then On Off the switch 1 by 1 and found that it's my chillier that leaks so check for frens and 1 of them tell me to jus remove the plug and plug in the other way(turn 180) and problem solve.

• SRC Member
i got shock too and use test-pen to test and it light up bright. Then On Off the switch 1 by 1 and found that it's my chillier that leaks so check for frens and 1 of them tell me to jus remove the plug and plug in the other way(turn 180) and problem solve.

u mean for a 2 pin plug?

• SRC Member

Have you tried it? Does it really work?

• SRC Member
i have tried that it doesnt work ... but they r selling a ground prode for $30 it will remove all stray current from yr tank.

a fish shop offer me at $19 per piece but need to be a bulk order i posted here but no one interested .....

Hi Shake,

Why dont you start another posting at Bulk Orders? I am sure it will generate more interest there.

I would be interested in getting one.

For those who already has a chiller running, to a certain extend it is already providing groundings. The coil (titanium or copper) itself is welded to the compressor which then grounds to our electrical wall-socket. Assuming your chiller is of standard make and conforms to electrical safety. Check that you have an earth wire and using a 3-pin plug.

If you are using a properly earth-wired chiller and still experiencing shocks, then the situation is serious enough for you to act immediately: REMOVE THE FAULTY GADGET! DON'T MESS WITH ELECTRICITY.