hailea hc-500a chiller

beast13

I using the AB 2000 to run it but the chiller keep on cut in & out within 10 minutes....do i need to change the higer pump flow rate to make it run normally??? I try t-off the pump to decrease the flow rate and problem still persist..

any bro using hailea chiller know how to solve it?? Thks.

bro, something is wrong with you chiller, maybe the thermostat. the chiller recommended flow rate is up to 3000l. good if you send in for check or servicing. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

I using the AB 2000 to run it but the chiller keep on cut in & out within 10 minutes....do i need to change the higer pump flow rate to make it run normally??? I try t-off the pump to decrease the flow rate and problem still persist..

I had a friend who had the same problem with this brand and model. You need to use an external controller to improve the kick in and out.

bro, something is wrong with you chiller, maybe the thermostat. the chiller recommended flow rate is up to 3000l. good if you send in for check or servicing. : )

haiz bro....its a brand new set which i run in on christmas day...it made me very headache liao...dun noe if i get the AB 3000 will make any difference bo...anyway thks bro...^^

I had a friend who had the same problem with this brand and model. You need to use an external controller to improve the kick in and out.

hi bro..ur friend ask who to do the modification?? thks..

• SRC Member

I have the same problem long time ago. Did not get a resolution no matter how what flow rate I change to. By the way, too high flow rate slow down chilling rate... to a certain extend.

My resolution is to install a external controller, set you back more than a hundred dollar. If you are interested, I have a used spare controller, for you to test but not for sale. But I only back in SG on Wednesday.

Cheers

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

I have the same problem long time ago. Did not get a resolution no matter how what flow rate I change to. By the way, too high flow rate slow down chilling rate... to a certain extend.

My resolution is to install a external controller, set you back more than a hundred dollar. If you are interested, I have a used spare controller, for you to test but not for sale. But I only back in SG on Wednesday.

Cheers

hi bro nakazoru..do u mod ur external controller urself?? can u kindly post a pic of ur spare controller how it look like???sori for the trouble....^^

• SRC Member
hi bro nakazoru..do u mod ur external controller urself?? can u kindly post a pic of ur spare controller how it look like???sori for the trouble....^^

Yes. I mod myself. The spare controller is a standard controller I got from China call ATC500 or something. Sorry no pix as I not in town.

You can search in www.taoboa.com for 温度控制器. You will see lots of those controller and cheap.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

haiz bro....its a brand new set which i run in on christmas day...it made me very headache liao...dun noe if i get the AB 3000 will make any difference bo...anyway thks bro...^^

hi bro..ur friend ask who to do the modification?? thks..

Bro this is not the first time this model had such a problem. I would advise you to discuss with the shop whether you can switch to other model.

Yes. I mod myself. The spare controller is a standard controller I got from China call ATC500 or something. Sorry no pix as I not in town.

You can search in w :rolleyes: ww.taoboa.com for 温度控制器. You will see lots of those controller and cheap.

Thanks bro for ur info..^^

Bro this is not the first time this model had such a problem. I would advise you to discuss with the shop whether you can switch to other model.

me got $ budget...if not i sure go for arctical chiller...i alrdy talk to the agent abt my problem and i will try their suggestion and see how first...anyway thanks bro for ur kind concern.. :rolleyes:

Hi bro u can try to switch yr inlet & outlet hose & see any different.