• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Got a few PMs for my Tank maker details:

Here goes:

Lim Han Teck : Hp:91065198

Pls note i am not related to him in any way and no commission too. I am just impressed with his knowledge of tank and stand making and he has given me some very very useful advise for the tank too..

Tested the stand by jumping on it just now and it didnt even shake mann... damn solid.. marine ply and chengai wood for the legs and structure..

• SRC Member

Terry, the concept i think i will be going for the tank in terms of landscaping is that it will be viewable from both sides and its a look thru tank with two towers and a low land in between so mine will not be built up so high like yours i guess.

Will assemble it in my tank and will revisit the concept and have a look to see if i need more LR or not. If i need more, just pay a visit to CF lorrr... but before that, need to apply for new CC since i have max my current one... :wacko:

I want to have plenty of swimming space for the fishes too ... :-)

• SRC Member
Terry, the concept i think i will be going for the tank in terms of landscaping is that it will be viewable from both sides and its a look thru tank with two towers and a low land in between so mine will not be built up so high like yours i guess.

Will assemble it in my tank and will revisit the concept and have a look to see if i need more LR or not. If i need more, just pay a visit to CF lorrr... but before that, need to apply for new CC since i have max my current one... :wacko:

I want to have plenty of swimming space for the fishes too ... :-)

like this????....... :D:D:D

post-34-1071418388.jpg

• SRC Member

nutx, most of my curing will be done in CF tank so i guess most of the pest will die there i hope since they do not have any stuff to feed on.

What do you guys think of using an aggresive trigger to finish off the pests as the first line of defense as soon as the cycling is over? after 3 weeks or so of clean sweeping, then maybe can transfer the trigger to another tank for another tour of duty... hehe

• SRC Member

bro, my tank is far smaller than what u will be setting up.... mine is just a 4 x 2 x 2 and its more than 40kg of lr and 10 bags of sand...urs will be much better as its width will give u more flexibility in scaping and the height will give u taller and towering cliffs :D:D:D

cant wait to see ur setup.....

• SRC Member
nutx, most of my curing will be done in CF tank so i guess most of the pest will die there i hope since they do not have any stuff to feed on.

What do you guys think of using an aggresive trigger to finish off the pests as the first line of defense as soon as the cycling is over? after 3 weeks or so of clean sweeping, then maybe can transfer the trigger to another tank for another tour of duty... hehe

the crabs are not easy to die ....bec I've caught 10+ crabs from my 3ft tank, and just throw them into an empty 2ft tank, no rocks, just some sand that dun even cover the whole tank.....water is at 1.01+ salinity only ....and they are still alive after 3 weeks+ leow!

And I can still see a few in my tank, not able to catch them yet! :angry: That's why I'm thinking of using a lethal weapon against them! :idea:

Also, I suppose any mantis shrimp will be their target too!

• SRC Member
nutx, your tank is an empty tank with LR only? if not , maybe can get a trigger to wipe them out? just a suggestion...

no....it's stock with lots of stuff already...so now can only use manual finger to catch them....

Not sure how harmfl/useful they are.....but saw them nipping at my octopus branches, and attacking the clam from bottom! (even tho they might just be cleaning up the dead portion...but still decided to wipe them out! :angry: