brand of skimmer

lotsofloo

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

hmm don't think white spots has anything much to do with skimmer bro, ;)

Daryl : Bro, PMed you! :D

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member
haha.dont use brain unless really necesary. :P is tunze good

Well, if you don't use your brain, then anything and everything is good because you will believe anything and everything and whatever anybody says.

If you are looking for an external skimmer, why are you considering or even talking about Tunze?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

haiz.. all the basics not right.. dun use brain then it will be quite detrimental to your tank one day..

ich and skimmer no relation.. check if your other water parameters are correct.. if its reasonably good, fish will survive the ich and fight it off..

Currently high nitrate level can only be lowered with water change. Unless you use a denitrator, which wouldn't be an immediate effect.. And the basics of using a good skimmer is to skim waste out before they break down to nitrate..

External skimmer you have quite a few choices.. Redsea Prizm series, Deltec MCE series, AquaC Remora series.. depends on what price range you are looking for..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
:P if i get a skimmer can i not use my filter.thinking of deltec mce300

What filter are you using and what do you have in your filter? I use two filter socks in my sump and one of my filter socks is filtering the outlet of my skimmer and it is really dirty so if you ask me if you need a filter, then yes you need a filter. In my case, my skimmer inlet draws the water from my return piping so it is pretty obvious to me that a skimmer will not remove all the particles in the water.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

yes u still nid ur filter cause it provvides additional bio filter and u can put ur carbon in it.maybe u can do without it if ur sand bed is thick enough to promote denitrification(not reccomanded).if nt i dun tink is gd to allow a solid material to enter a skimmer it might clog it up that why u nid a mechnical filter.final ans:yes u nid a filter :mellow:

Someday i will dare to put my tanks specification here and u will envy it.PLEASE GIVE ME HIGHER RATING=)my tank