any advise on sump construction

Hi guys..

any brothers staying near hougang or amk or.. nearby? I plan to order a sump (19 inches by 19 inches by 16 inches) for my 2ft cube tank FOWLR. I plans to keep angels.. but, I need advise on the sump construction.

any bros here can advise me on the compartment design? I plan to put in my aquamedic skimmer, UV, chiller pump and also a compartment for mangrove/chaetos to improve my de-nitration...

Any kind advise? or pictures?

5ft x 27 x 27 FOWLR

Equipments

Tunze DOC 9006 DOC protein skimmer

Aquazonic 9w UV

Residents

1 x Emperor

1 x Koran

1 x 6 Bars

1 x Gray

1 x niger trigger

1 x Picasso Trigger

2 x Orange skunk clowns

• SRC Member

larger the better.

divide into 2 compartments.

1) for return with bubble buffer

2) for your misc + a small corner for filter tower or similar.

simple the better, no space contraints from irritating partitions

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

bro, if yr skimmer not very big, still possible(or u go for hang over type). First compartment u might want to consider placement of wool for filtration, then come the skimmer compartment plus yr chiller return and finally yr return pump compartment. Yr uv can just hang at one side of the sump, yr chaeto can be at yr return or skimmer section but not goin to be big, also when u use light, yr sump might have algae bloom, what some bros did was to "box" out and make it black. U might want to consider fr placement. Also, make sure yr sump can handle yr tank when power failure, no flooding will occur. Clearance space for equipment removal for maintenance. U can search thr those who own 2ft cube for their sump posting. U can also drop by my place after yr lion dance event to clarify things. Cheers and happy reefing.

Hi guys..

any brothers staying near hougang or amk or.. nearby? I plan to order a sump (19 inches by 19 inches by 16 inches) for my 2ft cube tank FOWLR. I plans to keep angels.. but, I need advise on the sump construction.

any bros here can advise me on the compartment design? I plan to put in my aquamedic skimmer, UV, chiller pump and also a compartment for mangrove/chaetos to improve my de-nitration...

Any kind advise? or pictures?

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Hi, check out member tread by this guy call southpaw23. Personally find the extra he put in for his sump is excellent. His sump + all equipments sat inside a tray. If got leakage it will go onto tray instead of hse. One of the common disaster in this hobby is water overflow out from sump-for whatever reason..

If i ever build new tank ill surely use this concept. Also at the end of the day the type of sump design purely depends on what you intend to put inside but of course the bigger the better.

All the best.

Oh...kaess..

thanks a lot bros for yr valuable advise... will try to absorb them i my mind... so far... my tank quite stable already...just put in a small 6 bar angel.. happily eating.... my next plan...is to order the sump... already found a glass maker,,, was quoted 85 for a 18 inch sump...but i got to confirm the ht of the partitions as the glass maker say is impt..

bro solo77

mayb i drop by one of this days to see yr sump? dun wan tohurry and end up, getting some design that is wrong and got no more $ to do another... save money..impt in this hobby... :)

5ft x 27 x 27 FOWLR

Equipments

Aquazonic 9w UV

Residents

1 x Emperor

1 x Koran

1 x 6 Bars

1 x Gray

1 x niger trigger

1 x Picasso Trigger

2 x Orange skunk clowns

Anyway,

bro comycus and bro MAG, thanks..

yr advised website (melev's reef) and recommended example(southpaw23) i have went thru last week... did a search for sumps and construction.spend nights reading thru but of coz... cannot swallow everything... but i believed certain impt info... are not in.. like..the ht of the partitions and also if the chiller pump can go back to the same compartment.... etc etc..nevertheless, i may have missed it.. wnt hurt to do another reading.. i go read uponce again.

:)

kum sia many many bros...

Happy reefing

5ft x 27 x 27 FOWLR

Equipments

Aquazonic 9w UV

Residents

1 x Emperor

1 x Koran

1 x 6 Bars

1 x Gray

1 x niger trigger

1 x Picasso Trigger

2 x Orange skunk clowns

yess...

Sister lemon... thanks a lot for helping..

:) happy reefing to you too...

5ft x 27 x 27 FOWLR

Equipments

Aquazonic 9w UV

Residents

1 x Emperor

1 x Koran

1 x 6 Bars

1 x Gray

1 x niger trigger

1 x Picasso Trigger

2 x Orange skunk clowns

yess...

Sister lemon... thanks a lot for helping..

:) happy reefing to you too...

LOL hey derrick i think you better edit your post. Lemon ain't no sistar!

scratch headz.....

sister or not sister? eh.... let me figure out...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAA you're so right sis :D

5ft x 27 x 27 FOWLR

Equipments

Aquazonic 9w UV

Residents

1 x Emperor

1 x Koran

1 x 6 Bars

1 x Gray

1 x niger trigger

1 x Picasso Trigger