LR Problems

wolfie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Since we are on the subject of LR, I wish to seek some advice. I started my 4 2 2 tank cycling yesterday by throwing in a few pcs of prawn. I have a sump tank but no skimmer. Question is on when I can add LR. A friend said that it is ok to add them now iso until the cycle is over. His reason is that by doing so, we are also cycling the LR. Will the ammonia & nitrite kill the LR micro-organism during the peaking periods ? What's the proper thing to do ? Half the LR now and half at end of cycle ? or to add only after the cycle ?

• SRC Member

I came to KL ever since my family moved to JB, so I'm not familiar with the marine scene in JB, if there's any. I would like to find out but then I only go back once a year during CNY when the shops are all closed!

U could always say a friend in JB dispose off his aquarium and gave u all those rocks.

• SRC Member

Hey Valleyman,

:P I hardly think you can get LR at tis px liao :( maybe in a month or 2...when the supply increase...you can try at Reborn...at tis price...you can only get it at Reborn when the supply is plentiful B) other than tat...all places will be selling at $6/kg or $7/kg :unsure:

• SRC Member

hehehe :P someone answer for me while I am busy :D

Thks wolfie

But going there is a pain...parking is difficult and narrow...if you are there the first time...try visiting the Aquamart jus besides Reborn...a huge store with alot of aquarium equipment sold there :blink:

• SRC Member
hehehe :P someone answer for me while I am busy :D

Thks wolfie

But going there is a pain...parking is difficult and narrow...if you are there the first time...try visiting the Aquamart jus besides Reborn...a huge store with alot of aquarium equipment sold there :blink:

Park behind Aquamart at the industrial building or park your car at AutoBacs. Try to act as if you are there to upgrade your car tires to the latest 17 inchers !