my 8 g reef tank

lotsofloo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
ok wat kind of nori? salted ? tao ka noi? wasabi? :D or plain?

Don't feed your LS nori that are processed with added flavouring unless you really want to foul up your tank and kill off all your LS in the process... :eyebrow:

You can get nori at any LFS.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
WHICH ONE

MOST LFS WILL HAVE NORI OR SEAWEED FOR SALE E.G. C328, JIREH MARINE.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

MOST LFS WILL HAVE NORI OR SEAWEED FOR SALE E.G. C328, JIREH MARINE.

Don't need lah bro. NTUC or Sheng Siong or local convenient stores have nori already lah.

Those yellow packaging with the word Pasar Malam on it! :D

Nori is actually seaweed. Just some jargon that sounds fanciful. Simple staple ingredient for our soup! :D And dont worry no additional "extra" stuff inside. Can add or feed like our fishes like that (:

Best part about it - IT'S DIRT CHEAP! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

don keep a tang to control algae (although they are DAM gd)ur tang is too small. why not gt a blenny instead to control algae.i bought i bt it disapper in the tank too small too find.

Someday i will dare to put my tanks specification here and u will envy it.PLEASE GIVE ME HIGHER RATING=)my tank

• Senior Reefer
can i keep a 3 cm yellow tang in my tang i know i cant so when it grows big ill dump it on ............ how to control hair and diatom algae they are unstoppable.is seachem seagel good?

bro honestly, i don't like what you have just said. you don't dump a fish onto someone, someplace, or somewhere just because it grows too big for you. sorry if i sound harsh, but that is an extremely mean thing to say. now i can go on furthur but i wont. i'm sure you won't want to be dumped away when you grow up.

do you know how many yellow tangs are caught and abused everyday by this kind of dumping? read this article. 610 yellow tangs found in the trash.

http://glassbox-design.com/2010/hobby-gets...found-in-trash/

i hope that you treat livestock with more respect the next time. they are here in our tiny tanks to please people like you and i. least you can do is show them more love and don't dump them to someone else when they grow big. it's not their fault. can't keep it, don't buy it. besides you already said you know you can't so why consider..

at least next time use the word sell, donate or give. and read the article.

Realli feel sad after reading up on the article and looking at the pic, poor fishys :( yes yes we all should be responsible reefers!! Ya bro u can always have some snails to control algea. Forget bout the YT and look for something much more suitable for yr tank de...Some fish that u can keep for long ...

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...