what is the min watts to keep SPS and clams ?

• SRC Member

then should have a stable income. The I would say get a 4ft tank with MH lights and a chiller and save yourself the headage!! ke ke ke..... cos SBS pay not bad rite??? haik haik haik..... plus stable job also. company making money!!! even after NEL loose money, overall still make money. :yeah::yeah:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

LOL :lol::lol::lol: , i am not working at SBS, u gess correct Tanggy i am a student ;)

but the funny thing is that u think i am working at SBS :D:lol::lol::rolleyes:

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

public transport seldom lose money lah....its a matter making more or less compared to last quarter/year..overall will make money. :lol:

bro SBS , go get T5 better..allow u more room to play with and less losses to cut..being the spread u have to pay for buying & selling later at a loss. I m sure u also want to have clams or other nice light demanding corals in ur tank, but if ur light req not sufficient...than u either cannot buy it or u have to upgrade ur lights.

Anyway from wot I observed T5 lightings has liquidity in this forum. :lol::lol::D:lol:

• SRC Member
bro SBS , go get T5 better..allow u more room to play with and less losses to cut..being the spread u have to pay for buying & selling later at a loss. I m sure u also want to have clams or other nice light demanding corals in ur tank, but if ur light req not sufficient...than u either cannot buy it or u have to upgrade ur lights.

That's why i recommend buy 2nd hand ones. You loose very little and moight not even loose money. What you say is true but maynot apply if the upgrade involve a bigger tank. Even if using T5 still need to change lighting. :D

• SRC Member

well, i have decided,get PL, maybe if i want i can upgrade.

so what watts,K is best for my tank ?

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member
well, i have decided,get PL, maybe if i want i can upgrade.

so what watts,K is best for my tank ?

Its all up to you. Danano managed to keep sps and clams in a 2 footer with 3 55W Pl lights. Just as AT has said, lights are only part of the equation to keeping healthy corals.

• SRC Member

Its all up to you. Danano managed to keep sps and clams in a 2 footer with 3 55W Pl lights. Just as AT has said, lights are only part of the equation to keeping healthy corals.

Note that my original nano tank was only 12" high and the sps were all less than 8" from the light source.