Ten's 2by1by1 Nano

tench1

• SRC Member
get rid of it....

think they eat zoas. not sure if it is asterina starfish.

http://www.zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gall...;g2_itemId=1426

better to be safe than sorry.

Later let ID king/ marine scholar LemonLemon come and ID.

GHAHAHAHA i really laugh out loud when i saw it. LOL

true sis lemon ID alot of stuff :D

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shouldnt i add Harlequin shrimp to control/eat it?

Since i have no coral yet.

Instead of dumping it in the sewage, i can make use of it as food.

not sure if HS eats that starfish. and after that then? Get a constant supply of starfish to feed your HS or get a wrasse to eat your HS?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
shouldnt i add Harlequin shrimp to control/eat it?

Since i have no coral yet.

Instead of dumping it in the sewage, i can make use of it as food.

yeah u can, but u will have to buy starfish to feed them in future, or keep a few in the sump and keep feeding the hs 1 leg at a time and let them regenerate.

btw oni, u better take away the sis from lemon before he finds out :P

• SRC Member
yeah u can, but u will have to buy starfish to feed them in future, or keep a few in the sump and keep feeding the hs 1 leg at a time and let them regenerate.

btw oni, u better take away the sis from lemon before he finds out :P

his sis lemon ma LOL

not sure if HS eats that starfish. and after that then? Get a constant supply of starfish to feed your HS or get a wrasse to eat your HS?

Jacky, :upsidedown: i almost type (Un....e) hahaha.

Anyway, thats what the webby wrote. HS eats this kinda Starfish.

But having 1 x HS in it can be quite pleasing to the eyes as well. :rolleyes:

Jacky, :upsidedown: i almost type (Un....e) hahaha.

Anyway, thats what the webby wrote. HS eats this kinda Starfish.

But having 1 x HS in it can be quite pleasing to the eyes as well. :rolleyes:

haha......

HS is nice. If not for their special diet, I think a lot of reefers would have them.

If you really wanna keep, maybe check with some of the reefers here who has them.

Harlequinn is one of them.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

haha......

HS is nice. If not for their special diet, I think a lot of reefers would have them.

If you really wanna keep, maybe check with some of the reefers here who has them.

Harlequinn is one of them.

Thanks Jacky, i will PM Harlequinn for more details.

The start of Week 3 of Cycling...

Test results were as follows;

pH - 8.4

Sg - 1.025

KH - 16 (OMG, it was 5.92 on the 11Feb, but after adding SemChem KH Buffer....Becomes like this!!!!)

ALK - 5.71

NO2 - 0.5

NO3 - 50

NH4 - <0.25

PO4 - 0.5

MG - 960

CA - 310

Added the the 2nd dosage of Bio-Clean....

Are these results normal? Any1 can advice?

Ten :nc:

• SRC Member
The start of Week 3 of Cycling...

Test results were as follows;

pH - 8.4

Sg - 1.025

KH - 16 (OMG, it was 5.92 on the 11Feb, but after adding SemChem KH Buffer....Becomes like this!!!!)

ALK - 5.71

NO2 - 0.5

NO3 - 50

NH4 - <0.25

PO4 - 0.5

MG - 960

CA - 310

Added the the 2nd dosage of Bio-Clean....

Are these results normal? Any1 can advice?

Ten :nc:

1stly nicely made tank.. whose your tank maker?

2ndly you named it tiger nano.. what are you planning to keep in there?

next your ph and sg shouldnt go any higher.. but if water evaporates it will be higher so i would keep it one point lower in case of that

no3 is pretty much high... this will not be good for new incoming fishes.. though it might be ok for existing fishes but not on the long run.. so allow it to cycle more or get more good medias no3/po4 reducer

Mg and ca are on the low side for corals if u are planning to make it a reef. the increase in KH is driving all these down as they are all co-related.. chill on the buffer, its better to add less than more.

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

1stly nicely made tank.. whose your tank maker?

2ndly you named it tiger nano.. what are you planning to keep in there?

next your ph and sg shouldnt go any higher.. but if water evaporates it will be higher so i would keep it one point lower in case of that

no3 is pretty much high... this will not be good for new incoming fishes.. though it might be ok for existing fishes but not on the long run.. so allow it to cycle more or get more good medias no3/po4 reducer

Mg and ca are on the low side for corals if u are planning to make it a reef. the increase in KH is driving all these down as they are all co-related.. chill on the buffer, its better to add less than more.

Thanks Mossrope!

Tank Maker - Soon Leong. He made a mistake with the IOS, suppose to be top IOS, he created Bottom... >.<

I do admit, i added too much KH buff...Haiz...How to reduce them?

For LS, i have the following in mind at the mmt;

1. 2 x True Perc (Keeping them in my QT le :):))

2. 1 x Cleaner Shrimp

For Coal;

1. Maiden Hair

2. Carpet Anemone

3. Ricordea yuma

4. Actinodiscus Mushroom Corals

5. Strawberry/Pink Cauliflower Coral

6. Pipe Organ Coral

7. Star Poly

• SRC Member
But, im currently cycling, WC is possible?

there are many methods of cycling....

you might like to read up on the net regarding these methods

Q: Should I do a water change while my aquarium is cycling?

A: Ammonia and nitrite levels need to spike during the cycling process in order for the cycle to continue and finish it's task. If you perform a water change to reduce these levels while the aquarium is cycling, you will only be delaying the completion of the cycle. You will reach the end result (a fully cycled tank) much earlier if you do not perform a water change until the ammonia and nitrite levels drop to zero, and the nitrate level starts rise.

I shouldnt be doing that now. Just wait and see ba...

• SRC Member
Q: Should I do a water change while my aquarium is cycling?

A: Ammonia and nitrite levels need to spike during the cycling process in order for the cycle to continue and finish it's task. If you perform a water change to reduce these levels while the aquarium is cycling, you will only be delaying the completion of the cycle. You will reach the end result (a fully cycled tank) much earlier if you do not perform a water change until the ammonia and nitrite levels drop to zero, and the nitrate level starts rise.

I shouldnt be doing that now. Just wait and see ba...

getting live sand can be a faster way.. there are many variation to things that can happen during cycling which you can counter react with different approaches.

let it finish cycling on this wait method before you tune the levels in your tank then.

getting live sand can be a faster way.. there are many variation to things that can happen during cycling which you can counter react with different approaches.

let it finish cycling on this wait method before you tune the levels in your tank then.

Did tot of using lifesand, but due to under iso design, i cant. u r rite, just hav to wait till cycle is over.

• 3 weeks later...
how about a FTS ? so gonna put wat fishys in it? :P

Already have 2 x small True Perc crown :) But they seems to be swimming only at the top most lever, hidden behind the oyama stickers... :(

Planning another few fire goby. Thats about it.

Wll be posting FTS later...

cauliflower is nice and commonly sold in LFSes...but they are non-photosynthetic...and they need constant supply of food source to survive...not easy to keep them for long periods....

Im trying out this beauty, and had also placed it at many postion, from top/centre/bottom placement.

Top - High flow/high lights (2Whites+2TA Blues), its polyp doesnt seems to appreciate and wont open most of the time.

Medium - Medium flow/high lights (2Whites+2TA Blues), , very similar to the top postion.

Bottom - Medium flow , but with true Articnic Blue lights on (2TA Blues), , its polyps opened beautifully!

Feeding JBJ coral Fluid 2 times a week.