A New Community...

Nitro

• SRC Member

Looks like a pair to me ^^

U meant the 2 juv angels... it'll be great if they're. Anyway I know u're referring to the shrimps but I dun think so cuz already been in the tank for more than 3-5 mths and no breeding plus they do fight from time to time.

• SRC Member

Nice frogfish.

Btw u put those partition is for the angels izzit?

Wats the chances of them not fighting after letting them c but no touch for a period of time?

And how long we need to put the partition before we can remove?

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

Nice frogfish.

Btw u put those partition is for the angels izzit?

Wats the chances of them not fighting after letting them c but no touch for a period of time?

And how long we need to put the partition before we can remove?

The partition is to keep the fishes away from the pseudocorynactis anemones in the refugium. So far I've been getting some new angelfish and I put them in at the same time. No serious fighting and biting observed. The King angel is the last to went into the refugium. My experience is to get healthy ones and also to always put in the least aggressive one. The last one to go in to the tank must always be in good conditions, feeding and already used to the water condition from the tank. That's to said, if possible, try to keep the new fish in the refugium for a period of time before transferring it to the main tank.

I've been using this method for the more "aggressive" type of fishes and so far it works for me.

• SRC Member

The partition is to keep the fishes away from the pseudocorynactis anemones in the refugium. So far I've been getting some new angelfish and I put them in at the same time. No serious fighting and biting observed. The King angel is the last to went into the refugium. My experience is to get healthy ones and also to always put in the least aggressive one. The last one to go in to the tank must always be in good conditions, feeding and already used to the water condition from the tank. That's to said, if possible, try to keep the new fish in the refugium for a period of time before transferring it to the main tank.

I've been using this method for the more "aggressive" type of fishes and so far it works for me.

steady...u mentioned your experience is to get healthy ones and also to always put in the least aggressive one. The last one to go in to the tank must always be in good conditions, feeding n already use to water condition.

Where to get such specimen? I tend to buy from forum people coz have tried buying from LFS but majority failed to survive... So no dun dare liao even I chance upon nice wan

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

steady...u mentioned your experience is to get healthy ones and also to always put in the least aggressive one. The last one to go in to the tank must always be in good conditions, feeding n already use to water condition.

Where to get such specimen? I tend to buy from forum people coz have tried buying from LFS but majority failed to survive... So no dun dare liao even I chance upon nice wan

Our local LFS does have good and healthy specimen of diff fishes from time to time. Both low and high end type. Just need to observe during ur shopping spree and the challenge is to resist from buying even if the fish is nice and beautiful but not feeding in the LFS. I used to succumb to this temptation too :poster_oops: But now has learn many lesson the expensive way so not repeating this mistake again. Just to share that it's possible to get healthy and feeding fishes from LFS... my latest King Angel is one specimen from SL. This batch of Kings came in only abt 2-3 days but are already feeding pellets and such, solid!

Oh by the way I meant put in the least aggressive ones first and the last one shd be the fiercest.

• SRC Member

Nice king n queen bro... But they look kinda thin... Mus feed them many2... :)

cheers....

Thanks. The juv King is fat and as for the Queen, it's was injured when it got stuck in the rocks a few days back. Now it's recovered and feeding well too, hopefully in a few weeks time it'll fatten up :rolleyes: Once both are doing well, they'll be transfer to the main tank to join the other 3 angels (Centropyge Flavicauda, juv Blue and juv Townsend) and the rest of the fishes.

• 8 months later...
  • SRC Member

Some new updates...

post-1330-0-50906600-1309094368_thumb.jp

Hmmm... from this pic, who can guess which fish has this pattern on it's body?

post-1330-0-97128500-1309094477_thumb.jp, post-1330-0-12134500-1309094558_thumb.jp, post-1330-0-26656700-1309094573_thumb.jp

A close-up shot of a Green Hammer coral, a Green Lumi and a Purple Tips Octos.

post-1330-0-67152600-1309094593_thumb.jp

A Leather coral, "up close and personal".

• SRC Member

Lol!!!! Gems tang is more blacky... Tis is greyish...

:P :P :P

Got scared and changed color mah! Anyway here u go... it's a Indian Ocean Sailfin Tang, well-fed and beautiful ;)

post-1330-0-88533100-1309137568_thumb.jp post-1330-0-68715300-1309137610_thumb.jp post-1330-0-73230300-1309137626_thumb.jp post-1330-0-01504000-1309137636_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Sometimes I really wonder if the IOSF Tang a cross between a Gem and another type of tang :lol:

Anyway since I can't pay for a Gem well getting a IOSF Tang does gives me the "high"when I juz looked at it mouth area... haha

• SRC Member

The fat King Angel with intense coloration.

post-1330-0-46775200-1309153876_thumb.jp post-1330-0-95916300-1309153935_thumb.jp

The Regal Tang/Indo-Pacific Blue Tang. This photo had not been photo-shopped, so one can really see the blue color on it's body is really intense, almost the same color as the backdrop.

post-1330-0-46847100-1309153952_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Nice bro... Ur angel didnt touch any of ur coral???

Not the existing 4 in the tank. 1x King, 2x Townsend and 1x whitetail pygmy (Centropyge flavicauda). I keep them since juv with corals and now they only feed on the food I gave. They do disturb the corals if I purposely place the pellets onto the corals but if it's coral food, they kind of leave them alone.

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

post-1330-0-10222700-1317474609_thumb.jp

One of the breeding pair of Percula X Black Ocellaris in my sump tank.

post-1330-0-41722200-1317474614_thumb.jp

My 3 clams... also in the sump as I've been trying unsuccessfully keeping clams in my main tank with the angels.