Reason for Mushies to melt

Eniram

Hi reefers,

Sad to say that i am experiencing a rather strange phenomenon!!! My 4mth old mushies are melting! don't know why but one by one are melting away and some are even spitting out their innards

Any one out there pls advice.

Hi reefers,

Sad to say that i am experiencing a rather strange phenomenon!!! My 4mth old mushies are melting! don't know why but one by one are melting away and some are even spitting out their innards

Any one out there pls advice.

Hi Jer

I had a rock of 7 luminous green mushrooms.

They were doing great for the 1st month then suddenly one by one they began to melt within a week or two.

about 4 had gone when I examined the polyps and found a flatworm on one of the polyp.

I removed that (interesting to see the way it swim) tiny little creature - about 1 mm - and since then the remaining 3 polyps are doing well.

Not sure if the flatworm was the cause of the mushroom melting but since its demise, everything is back to normal.

All the best bro.

Water quality? how're the other inhabitant doing?

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

depends on the the species of flatworm. majority are not predatory and thrive on nutrient rich water, and to an extent, light. yes light. they do not eat corals and are just an eyesore.

Thanks guys, i was thinking could it be also chemical wars that are making my mushies melt?

can you list down all the corals you have in your tank and especially those within 6 inches of your mushrooms.

Within 6 inches the only coral are bubble and branched hammer. The thing is that i shifted the mushrooms that are a little too near the hammer but some of the melted ones are on the sandbed and that's the mushroom's zone.....so really can't figure it out why they all melt.

if its flat worms i believe my 6 line will have a feast!

try not to put them near LPS especially the bubble. at night bubble corals have super long sweeper tentacles and can sting mushies. the sweepers are exacerbated by stronger flow.

if its not from stinging, then possible warfare may happen but i will rule it out. its super unlikely because lps and softies can be kept together. chemicals not strong enough to kill each other with a skimmer and carbon. its hard to pinpoint the exact reason why they melt. could be parameters swing, could be manyt hings. mushrooms are super hard but sometimes they melt for reasons we don't understand.

Alright i guess moving the mushrooms are a better option. K thanks bro. Anyway melting has stopped, reason could be I'm home and they know the boss is in town.

How this weekend gonna chiong? saw fuel and joe_p that day at irwana didn't get a chance to chat, they drove in i drove out. I wonder what they got?

Alright i guess moving the mushrooms are a better option. K thanks bro. Anyway melting has stopped, reason could be I'm home and they know the boss is in town.

they missed you and wept to death lah bro....

hahaha hows the yuma jacky? doing good i hope and hope the colour is up to your expectations

Knowing Jacky, your Yuma would be palm sized by now... :eyebrow::whistle

4mths should be quite stable Liao.

Recall wat u did for he 4mths n wat is the thing that u didn't do after that.

The difference maybe the cause of the death

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!