MWTS very blue favia

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Hi reefers, not selling yet, just wan to gauge the price on this coral. this is a blue and red favia that i have. the colour was dull and slightly damaged when i got it. after TLC, the colours brightened up about 10x and the colour is super intense blue and red now. the damaged flesh has healed very well and is growing. it also developed some neon green lines on some of the polyps. the outer edge showed the part where it oringally was injured, but has healed, although it never grew over the slightly damaged skeleton. the neon green lines are starting to show on some of the other polyps, and i believe in time, all other polyps will be covered in the green lines, creating a tri coloured favia. green blue and red

want to know the price of this if i were to sell it off.

how much would you guys pay for it? just wan to test water first thanks :)

post-15755-1265254524_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
how much would you guys pay for it?

I think it will cost approximately $icannotafford. Seriously, nice coral.. Should be worth much more than what you paid.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
I think it will cost approximately $icannotafford. Seriously, nice coral.. Should be worth much more than what you paid.

lol. i like the $icannotafford. no lah. affordable lah. but blue favias are very rare, especially for this species of favia, the favia speciosa. usually green and red.

• SRC Member

lemonlemon's avatar for sale...

got surcharge?

wonder whats the cost price for it.

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• Senior Reefer

it is ID-ed as the triple threat favia because of the 3 rare colour tones. the green stripes will develop under strong lights, and if u want to keep the blue and red only without the green, medium light is better.

http://www.reeffarmers.com/limitedtriplethreatfavia.htm

this link explains more. the steel blue, red and green is really a good colour combi. no one wants to offer?

wonder whats the cost price for it.

dun think he will reveal that.....haha

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

i'll be very honest with you. got it for 5 red notes :) there's no need to hide the cost price of it, if no one buys i will keep. but the colour of this coral deserves a better price than 5 red notes.

this is my favourite. even rarer than the steel blue favia, is the BLACk favia. waiting for this and hopefully will see it one day.

post-15755-1265257847_thumb.jpg

i'll be very honest with you. got it for 5 red notes :) there's no need to hide the cost price of it, if no one buys i will keep. but the colour of this coral deserves a better price than 5 red notes.

this is my favourite. even rarer than the steel blue favia, is the BLACk favia. waiting for this and hopefully will see it one day.

upzz for you bro. too much profiteering recently.... getting a bit skeptical about bids and sale.

I'll pay 7 red for it. but I am sure you will get much higher offer. gd luck.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

good price you had it.

i might go up to 2 blue notes if i do not see it anytime soon again.

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• Senior Reefer

hi guys, thanks for the offers. like the topic description said, am just gauging interest first and market value of this piece incase there comes a time where i want to sell it. thinking of clearing some stuff and this might be one of it. but please don't go home with the idea that i'm selling it now, so hope there's no misunderstandings. since there's so little of this in the market, i have no idea what is the market rate. hence, starting this thread to find out the price first.

thanks bro. i hope to keep those "willing to pay" prices coming. makes it easier to sell it in the future if i really have to

hi guys, thanks for the offers. like the topic description said, am just gauging interest first and market value of this piece incase there comes a time where i want to sell it. thinking of clearing some stuff and this might be one of it. but please don't go home with the idea that i'm selling it now, so hope there's no misunderstandings. since there's so little of this in the market, i have no idea what is the market rate. hence, starting this thread to find out the price first.

thanks bro. i hope to keep those "willing to pay" prices coming. makes it easier to sell it in the future if i really have to

no worries bro. you made it very clear in your initial post already.

Love the intense colours... got photoshopped or not! :upsidedown:

this pic is harder to photoshop....

have blue and red ....

this coral should be close to what u see on the pic.

• Senior Reefer

nope. never photoshop because i'm a computer noob who only knows sgreefclub, facebook and youtube. lol! jokes aside, i dont have any photo editing software besides picasa, which honestly, what much can you do. secondly this picture is taken with my phone camera and not a digital camera, which tends to do better justice to the coral. the only thing worth taking note is that this photo is taken top down instead of through the glass. don't worry, luckily for this coral, the colour doesn't seem to be affected much wether top down or through glass. so what you see is what you get. anyway, here's two photos of it through the glass. compare them and you'll see what i mean.

colour looks abit lighter because light is shining on it, vs the other picture where my camera blocked out some light from the top down shots. no tricks here :)

post-15755-1265278007_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1265278012_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

thanks for all the feedback guys, looks like the current price for this coral is plus minus 10 red notes. will keep this thread here for the next 1-2 days to see if it will change. thanks for all the help reefers!

thanks for all the feedback guys, looks like the current price for this coral is plus minus 10 red notes. will keep this thread here for the next 1-2 days to see if it will change. thanks for all the help reefers!

Lemon, your gem deserve a much better price than 10 red... i will pay at least 15 pieces for it.

Its your dedicated hard work that brings out the colour of this gem. Time, effort, sweat is often neglected by most when coming to decide what price it should be... i for one will go for it.

Profiteering ? think again :)

Cheers !

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• Senior Reefer
Lemon, your gem deserve a much better price than 10 red... i will pay at least 15 pieces for it.

Its your dedicated hard work that brings out the colour of this gem. Time, effort, sweat is often neglected by most when coming to decide what price it should be... i for one will go for it.

Profiteering ? think again :)

Cheers !

thanks cedric. when i first got it, it was slightly faded and bleached and some die off on the sides, and was told not to buy it. but the colour was quite interesting then so decided to try. actually there were 3 of this, and the very blue 1 in mint condition was already sold. so i was left to choose between the left overs. brought it home and got it to this state now. in a dillema if i should develop those green lines or leave it as it is... they lines are easy to develop but i'm afraid it will ruin the steel blue and red.

thanks cedric. when i first got it, it was slightly faded and bleached and some die off on the sides, and was told not to buy it. but the colour was quite interesting then so decided to try. actually there were 3 of this, and the very blue 1 in mint condition was already sold. so i was left to choose between the left overs. brought it home and got it to this state now. in a dillema if i should develop those green lines or leave it as it is... they lines are easy to develop but i'm afraid it will ruin the steel blue and red.

Upzz for your husbandary Lemon... i remember someone once told me, all corals are gem themselve, just waited to be discovered. Your piece is definitely a show case ! I would be very reluctant to sell it ( unless i know it's being shipped often here ).

• Senior Reefer
Upzz for your husbandary Lemon... i remember someone once told me, all corals are gem themselve, just waited to be discovered. Your piece is definitely a show case ! I would be very reluctant to sell it ( unless i know it's being shipped often here ).

i am a firm believer in that line too. as for wether or not i'm selling it, haven decided so see if there's any real value for it. if not then most probably won't sell. i'm not sure if they are shipped here often or not, only saw it once and only 3 pieces at one time. bought it at GO. maybe shan will bring in again :)

good corals worth sharing right? in some contexts, i find it good to share the location and price. so that others get a share of the good stuff.

Originally 5 red notes.......after TLC it is now a gem

Bro, I willing to pay 5 blue notes for the TLC you invested :upsidedown:

+1 - Wow, bro i like your attitude :)

IMO, now the price seems to match the value of the gem.