MaxSpect LED 110W - G2

jackywongto

That is bcoz u only turn on for 3-4hrs ma..lol ^_^ ...i think we need to hear from those SPS reefers on their feedback.

hmmm I do not have SPS but I used MH hor.....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jacky, you figured out how to setup the timers? me still running on external timers since the unit does not ship with an instruction manual.

You have to buy me kopi after this!

To set time:

1) Press and hold mode

2) Press + or - to adjust minutes

3) Press timer

4) Press + or - to adjust hrs

To set timer

1) Press and hold timer (you will see "ON" on the display panel)

2) Press mode to set white light switch on timing (you will notice that the white LED on driver is lited)

3) Press + or - to adjust minutes

4) Press mode

5) Press + or - to adjust hrs

6) Press mode (you will see "OFF" on the display - now you are going to set white light switch off timing)

7) Press mode again

8) Press + or - to adjust mins

9) Press mode

10) Press + or - to adjust hrs

11) Press mode (you will see the blue LED on driver is lited and "ON" is displayed in the panel. You are going to set blue light switch on timing)

12) Press mode again

13) Press + or - to adjust minutes

14) Press mode

15) Press + or - to adjust hrs

16) Press mode (you will see "OFF" on the display - blue light switch off timing next)

17) Press mode again

18) Press + or - to adjust mins

19) Press mode

20) Press + or - to adjust hrs

21) Press and hold timer

DONE!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

My T5 is only 2x39W...and atinic blue :P

By the way, 9 months change is based on average of 8-10 hrs use which is generally what most reefers are doing. B)

k let me get this correct.

you switch on 2x250W Mh for 3 hrs and then 5 hrs of 2x 39W actinics only.

Bro, that means your tank most of the time just look blue in the day?

Yes if I pro-rate your bulb usage, that means you need to change your 2x bulbs every 27 months = 2 yrs plus and you are pushing it to 4 yrs lah.

This takes quite some effort indeed!

no prob bro... next time we go lfs together?

no worries.

sure sure. Lets head out together next time :)

For those keen on getting CREE LED units, heres more info:

The Cree version 110w will have 14pcs of white Cree XP-G, 4pcs of violet LEDs, and 18pcs of royal blue LEDs. The total light output will be pretty much the same as the SemiLED version. But we used more blue and less white LEDs to balance the colour temperature, because the Cree XP-G white LEDs are only about 7000k.

You will notice 4 dimmer LED when you switch on just the blue LEDs.

these are 1W violet LEDs.

Top and bottom row, 3rd LED from both edge.

As per MaxSpect - Research had shown that the 395-440nm wavelength excitation was reported as producing the strongest fluorescent response.

Hence the addition of these new LEDs to provide greater fluorescence effect.

For those keen on getting CREE LED units, heres more info:

The Cree version 110w will have 14pcs of white Cree XP-G, 4pcs of violet LEDs, and 18pcs of royal blue LEDs. The total light output will be pretty much the same as the SemiLED version. But we used more blue and less white LEDs to balance the colour temperature, because the Cree XP-G white LEDs are only about 7000k.

THEN WAT IS THE SWMILED WAVELENGHT OUTPUT??

THEN WAT IS THE SWMILED WAVELENGHT OUTPUT??

I assume you are asking about the SemiLEDs.

white = 10k

royal blue: wavelength range:450-455nm

I assume you are asking about the SemiLEDs.

white = 10k

royal blue: wavelength range:450-455nm

oh ok any site to see the LED chart???

so it the same normal china led that which i may got mmmm

but overall indeed it a good product with just a bit more than a DIY unit

(as such we may have to crack our head and time to finish up the project)

oh ok any site to see the LED chart???

so it the same normal china led that which i may got mmmm

but overall indeed it a good product with just a bit more than a DIY unit

(as such we may have to crack our head and time to finish up the project)

erhh... not sure if it is the same LEDs as what you have. I do not have the datasheet for the LEDs.

I am not sure how much you are charging for your DIY unit but I think the cost of the MaxSpect given the product packaging, quality & workmanship, casing, 18 months warranty coverage, light stand and hanging kit - is pretty unbeatable.

yeah you probably need to crack your head harder and cramp up the project milestones.:P

erhh... not sure if it is the same LEDs as what you have. I do not have the datasheet for the LEDs.

I am not sure how much you are charging for your DIY unit but I think the cost of the MaxSpect given the product packaging, quality & workmanship, casing, 18 months warranty coverage, light stand and hanging kit - is pretty unbeatable.

yeah you probably need to crack your head harder and cramp up the project milestones.:P

ya but did u change to cree led for ur new set??

ya but did u change to cree led for ur new set??

I requested for it but it is still the SemiLEDs.

now waiting for the CREEs LED to be shipped so that I can do the replacement myself.

but I am a little skeptical about how yellowish the colour will be for the white LED .....

so u mean even we request it to be change to cree type we can still keep our original one

no lah.... you pay should b 100+ to upgrade to CREE and you only get the light set with CREE LEDs.

No SemiLEDs. Mine is a mix up - still waiting for MaxSpect to come back to me.

no lah.... you pay should b 100+ to upgrade to CREE and you only get the light set with CREE LEDs.

No SemiLEDs. Mine is a mix up - still waiting for MaxSpect to come back to me.

oh got it what extra we pay for is for upgrade only without keeping the original...

oh got it what extra we pay for is for upgrade only without keeping the original...

correcto.

• SRC Member
k let me get this correct.

you switch on 2x250W Mh for 3 hrs and then 5 hrs of 2x 39W actinics only.

Bro, that means your tank most of the time just look blue in the day?

Yes if I pro-rate your bulb usage, that means you need to change your 2x bulbs every 27 months = 2 yrs plus and you are pushing it to 4 yrs lah.

Ehh...no. I switch on my T5s for 2.5 hrs then MH for 3 hrs and then T5s for another 2.5 hrs. Yes, most of the time, my tank just looks blue in the day... :eyebrow: But ATI atinic blue doesn't seem so blue... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

hi jacky,

i setup the timers already, but it seems not working accordingly.... is there another setting to trigger the lighting set to read the timer settings?

i setup mine as follows:

white: on 1400 off 2000

blue: on 1600 off 2359

i entered config mode again by press n hold the timer button and all settings are correctly reflected on the display so i suppose i have setup the timer correctly. but still, both blue n white were lit just now b4 1600.

hi jacky,

i setup the timers already, but it seems not working accordingly.... is there another setting to trigger the lighting set to read the timer settings?

i setup mine as follows:

white: on 1400 off 2000

blue: on 1600 off 2359

i entered config mode again by press n hold the timer button and all settings are correctly reflected on the display so i suppose i have setup the timer correctly. but still, both blue n white were lit just now b4 1600.

Bro, maybe switch off all lights manually. Then off the main switch on the driver. Then switch it back on. Ensure all lights are off. Then adjust the time to 1358 hrs and see what happens after 2 mins.

If it is ok, then I suggest you monitor tomorrow photo period.

else maybe you would need to drop Razali a call.

Keep me posted on the outcome bro!

alright, it seems to be working now, at least can switch on...

It seems to trigger only when passing through the set timestamps but does NOT check on timer settings on power up, stupid design if confirmed...

correct. you shld be good now.

Besides, setting to on and off the white & blue LED, can it be activated(on/off) according to the intensity you pre-set? e.g. 70% for white & 100% for blue for 14,000k look on display tank. :rolleyes:thks.

No Gerald. This feature sadly is not available on the MaxSpect.

You cannot dim the LEDs and their intensity is not programmable.

The only work around is to customize your light with the right number of white and blue LEDs.

If you prefer a whiter look, then you can prob replace 2 of the blue LEDs with white ones.

they also have green and red LEDs for you to mix n match.

but once configured, you can only switch it on and off via its built in timer.