New chapter for 6ft

stevenkoh08

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

nice tank! do filled it up to give us more inspiration for a 6footer too..

i see u have gather all your past experience into this error-proof tank.

There's even a plenum! I cant remember to add so much things if i were to make a new tank now.

:paiseh: cause i think i got a fail memory

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

ya true have try alot of error before like tank crash (or something related)

So best is to do more read up here and else where also

i'll also ask bro here to learn and share exp

for setup is abit of here and there with the idea of mix and match to have something of my own

this setup seem like great but how it going to be still unknown

but i've confident it'll work just as great as others doing (Trying to push some moral up)

but bro for the DT oyster egg how to using dosing pump type??

HI bro,

No i mean dosing pump for dosing your supplement ect.. I am using Zeovit coral vitalizer as well for my LPS and some SPS frag in my tank too, so so far so good. :)

• SRC Supporter

oh ok got u but seen i'll be using cal reactor what else dosing do i need would like to learn more from u bro

i am dosing only kalkwasser to mantain the calcium and alkalinity in my tank.. The rest i prefer to dose manually .

Still learning too from everyone here too, there is so many new things discovered in this hobby every day :)

• SRC Supporter

ya i agreed there's always new things to learn and share i plan to use BM dosing pump and CR together jsut incase the CR can't support enough to supply

Should be ok, i manually add CAL supplement weekly as well if my CR is not doing it;s job :P

What CR are you using ? I still have quite alot of spare Geotec Mg media for CR if you need..

• SRC Member

Should be ok, i manually add CAL supplement weekly as well if my CR is not doing it;s job :P

What CR are you using ? I still have quite alot of spare Geotec Mg media for CR if you need..

i need it too. my CR still have got alot of space :P

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Bro Steven, you need to resize your photo when posting.

My 20 inch monitor also cannot view the entire picture :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

post-15847-12706445617529_thumb.jpg

u can see the cr skimmer and co2 tank already taken up all the space

post-15847-12706446019586_thumb.jpg

on top of the sump is the algea scrubber 2set

post-15847-12706446315551_thumb.jpg

full shot of the sump tank area

post-15847-12706445256391_thumb.jpg

here the tank with some dead rocks

Bro are those the final rocks you gonna use for your scaping. If so, I am afraid to tell you that the effect may not turn out as good. I found out that hard way, constantly buying different rocks to try out. From my experience, to get the best effect, you do not need many rocks, instead, get the biggest rocks you can find that you can find and stack them together. The big rocks each have their own unique shapes, looks good when place alone and when stack together they give very natural look. Little rocks stack together do not create much caves and look like un- natural abit like LEGO piling together.

Right now, RB has very nice and huge live rocks for sale. They are curing the rocks right now, and you may want to look into that.

Hope that helps

DA

Bro are those the final rocks you gonna use for your scaping. If so, I am afraid to tell you that the effect may not turn out as good. I found out that hard way, constantly buying different rocks to try out. From my experience, to get the best effect, you do not need many rocks, instead, get the biggest rocks you can find that you can find and stack them together. The big rocks each have their own unique shapes, looks good when place alone and when stack together they give very natural look. Little rocks stack together do not create much caves and look like un- natural abit like LEGO piling together.

Right now, RB has very nice and huge live rocks for sale. They are curing the rocks right now, and you may want to look into that.

Hope that helps

DA

^ +1

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Hi DA

that won't be my final as i have some more live rock aat my 4ft

i also don't know bout how to do nice rock scape but i'm using what i have left over to do it

buying new rock sad to said cost abit burget liao haha