New chapter for 6ft

stevenkoh08

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i only plan to have 2unit of those and with one 12000L/h wavemaker that'll do the trick

15000L/h x 2 = 30000L/h wavebox

16000L/h with 1.8m headloss = 10000L/h

12000L/h wavemaker

total i've 52000L/h for flow

for my tank with easily 250kg of LR for a 6ft tank and 4ft sump, the water contain inside is only bout 900L-1000L

whereas the turn over rate for the tank and sump will be 52 times

by right it only requirer bout only 30-40 times turn over rate for a tank, but u nvr know if u start on SPS

bro larry by the way the heat problem is solve liao as in pic it being place facing outside of the kitchen.

now no longer hot air

Haha, that is good to hear. eyebrow.gif

ya will do further DIY on the window, as when heavy rain there'll be water splashing in.

Think i'll use some plastic or acylic to make those 45degree angle plate (like our toilet windows)

• SRC Member

ya it enough for the flow, as the slower it's the cooler is the output

as for the wire cover don't really get it can share more or pic to show

It's those cable plastic casing that can be bought at Ikea, but you will prob need a lot of those to cover the pipes though. Something like a casing that we put all those daggling wires together to look neat. Got a pic.

post-5553-12737345632272_thumb.jpg

i don't think so i'll add that as it'll look even odd and worse of all the grab will collect alot of dust

but really tks for ur input

maybe i look for those without the slot garb in between one

i did consider on that but for the pump is rio10 it've been serving me more than 12mths running on & off so far no problem.

in terms of break down it may sooner or later but i already earn back the pump amount liao, by saving the electrical bills.

Maybe stick it to every yr change once

22w X 18hrs x 365days / 1000 x S$0.24 = S$34.69

or maybe 1 1/2 yr changing once will be great to get a turn over better

but so far i been using rio with no such problem as it meant to be a strong pump, but where as power comsumption sound ok only

Bro Vtec tks for the advice.

But eventurelly once i done up my wavebox, i'll use a split from my return pump to feed the chiller.

So in this way i further save somemore

really have to do alot of planning on every step.

bro Rio pump are power hungry pumps

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

i did consider on that but for the pump is rio10 it've been serving me more than 12mths running on & off so far no problem.

in terms of break down it may sooner or later but i already earn back the pump amount liao, by saving the electrical bills.

Maybe stick it to every yr change once

22w X 18hrs x 365days / 1000 x S$0.24 = S$34.69

or maybe 1 1/2 yr changing once will be great to get a turn over better

but so far i been using rio with no such problem as it meant to be a strong pump, but where as power comsumption sound ok only

Bro Vtec tks for the advice.

But eventurelly once i done up my wavebox, i'll use a split from my return pump to feed the chiller.

So in this way i further save somemore

really have to do alot of planning on every step.

not sure abt u...but for chiller pump, i always try to get the best i can afford.... and also when i say spoiling the pump, it not abt wasting money on the pump, more like killing ur LS and make u heartache....if u r at hm when the pump spoil, no prob...but if u happen to be at work, by the time u reach hm, maybe too late liao...

Ya bro agreed now waiting for the the wavebox to be done up first, before i can do with the return pump

however to me i get those at least afordable yet still trustable brand

as i'm not that so loaded to have all my money only on reefing

still have others commitments as well

if next i'm going to set up an even bigger tank will consider on better equipment

Luckily you are using LED lighting, even in the event of your chiller pump break down, you will not come back home and see your tank cooked .. shocked.gifshocked.gif

Only problem is you have to check if your chiller pump is working everyday or not.. whistling.gif

Ya bro agreed now waiting for the the wavebox to be done up first, before i can do with the return pump

however to me i get those at least afordable yet still trustable brand

as i'm not that so loaded to have all my money only on reefing

still have others commitments as well

if next i'm going to set up an even bigger tank will consider on better equipment

Bro,

Another alternative you can also consider using 2 X Tunze 6085 / 6105 with tunze 7096 controller to produce the same effect as a wave box. Thomas lim can also share with you more on this on his own tank.

You might also want to consider the RR Wave maker from chill down, local design ( Made in china) wave maker but the wave box effect created is not bad as well. GO and ah beng is also using it in their show tank.

Luckily you are using LED lighting, even in the event of your chiller pump break down, you will not come back home and see your tank cooked .. shocked.gifshocked.gif

Only problem is you have to check if your chiller pump is working everyday or not.. whistling.gif

ya u're right not to worry bout being cook up

but almost everytime i'll take a look at it

Bro,

Another alternative you can also consider using 2 X Tunze 6085 / 6105 with tunze 7096 controller to produce the same effect as a wave box. Thomas lim can also share with you more on this on his own tank.

You might also want to consider the RR Wave maker from chill down, local design ( Made in china) wave maker but the wave box effect created is not bad as well. GO and ah beng is also using it in their show tank.

saw the wavemaker as well, but the price wise i don't think it not come cheap as well...

• 4 weeks later...

Update of LS

1 Queen angel

4 Purple Anthias - Female

8 Neon Damselfish

15 Blue/Green Reef Chromis

1 Midas Blenny

4 Spotted Cardinalfish

1 Orange Lined Cardinalfish

2 True Percula Clownfish pair

1 Firefish, Purple

1 Flame Hawkfish

1 Yellow Wrasse

1 Two Spot Bristletooth Tang

1 cleaner shrimp

3 neon green birdnest frag

1 leather

total 40 fishes, 1 shrimp, 3 sps and 1 softy

the anthias like to rest at this corner

post-15847-12757559877576_thumb.jpg

post-15847-12757560144938_thumb.jpg

bird nest is doing well

however when i changing water i left one frag out of water for more than 1 1/2hr, it turn white and than brown slime over it :cry2:

lucky it able to survive and now in the recovering process can start to see the polyp start to extend out again

sorry cause of lousy carmera can't take it pic

will update of it condition once got hold of good cam